WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: cpufreqd and 7.x TCZ  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Machacz

cpufreqd and 7.x TCZ
« on: October 11, 2016, 07:06:28 PM »
Hi

It's my beginning with Tiny Core.
There's no cpufreqd and cpufrequtils (nor Dillo) in 7.x x86_64 TCZ. I loaded cpufreqd and cpufrequtils from 3.x but both did not start.
Is 3.x TCZ 64-bit ?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: cpufreqd and 7.x TCZ
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 10:40:13 PM »
corepure64 started at tc-4.x, so no, you cannot use the 32-bit cpufreqd and cpufrequtil from tc-3.x in the 64-bit corepure64.

As a general rule you should use the apps gui or "tce-load -w extension_name" to download extensions as this will ensure they come from the correct repo.

cpufreq has some functionality built into core, core64 and corepure64, see here:

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,7187.msg38042.html#msg38042

Did you try the fifth browser as an alternative to dillo?

Offline Machacz

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 06:33:42 PM »
I wanted to load cpufreqd locally first to gain more battery life for tinkering with wifi installing.

Following link you posted I tried to set 'conservative', but I could not change /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor content to other then 'performance' or 'powersave'. I think it's because there are these only two governors in scaling_available_governors. However lsmod shows cpufreq_conservative module.
I notice considerably shorter battery life with constant 800 mhz (powersave governor).  scaling_min_freq file doesn't accept less then 800000.

I don't know Fifth at all, I surely will try it (though larger than Dillo).

Offline Machacz

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 12:57:41 PM »
How to set conservative governor ?
cpufreq-set -g conservative     results     'Error setting new values'
and /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/cpu0/scaling_available_governors    contains 'powersave performance' only, without 'conservative'.
'powersave' (which is active) eats to much battery power (every core runs 800Mhz).