WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Poll

Did I post this in the wrong category?

Yes, and there is a specific category for this
Yes, but there is no specific category for this
Nope

Author Topic: How to install Core - tc-install not working  (Read 8209 times)

Offline LoganDark

How to install Core - tc-install not working
« on: September 12, 2016, 08:14:26 AM »
I am using CORE, not TinyCore or CorePlus

When I boot into the command line, tc-install doesn't work.

tci doesn't work either. It's not a boot option either.

How do I install this?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:13:29 AM by Rich »

Offline coreplayer2

Re: How to install Core - tc-install not working
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 09:13:33 AM »
Hi

I think you'll find the Core Book, downloadable from here http://tinycorelinux.net/book.html very useful.

Chapter 2 shows how to install Tinycore, or core for that matter..

In it's simplest form, core is only two files available from here http://tinycorelinux.net/7.x/x86/release/distribution_files/:
core.gz
vmlinuz

Copy both files to a convenient and suitable location.  Modify your bootloader config file to suit, apply any necessary boot codes (see Chapter 10).. then boot to core.

I could be wrong, but afaik tc-install is a gui application available after booting to tinycore (or tinycoreplus).  Booting to tinycore and running tc-install will allow you to install core on almost any media (that you can write to).

However " tc-install.sh " is available from the command line, but if you're at this stage in the game I wonder why you cant just install the bootloader and core manually..

After core and a suitable extension directory ( /tce )is installed, you might find " tce-ab " very useful to install packages (extensions) from the command-line.

All this information is available and explained in much better detail in the Core Book mentioned earlier.

Good luck
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 09:43:48 AM by coreplayer2 »