WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: installing Tiny Core Linux 7.2 on Vmware ESXi virtual machine  (Read 47614 times)

Offline coreplayer2

Re: installing Tiny Core Linux 7.2 on Vmware ESXi virtual machine
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2016, 03:03:15 PM »
...we give up an operating system completely, i think we are making big mistake.
I think it's incredibly difficult attempting to learn a new system in an unfamiliar virtual environment.   You'll find that TC is extremely flexible allowing you the ability to build as you need it.   TC is considerably easier to install and configure on real hardware than a virtual environment.

Offline andyj

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2016, 03:22:18 PM »
So you were an instant expert in Windows? I doubt that. There are Linux distros for n00bs which need and/or prefer spoon-feeding. TC isn't for n00bs. I wouldn't recommend a sports car for someone just learning how to drive either. Try distrowatch to find something more your speed.

Offline Greg Erskine

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2016, 03:33:37 PM »
i swear this would be my final question  ;)

Promise ?

Offline Misalf

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2016, 04:40:08 PM »
On the other hand, nmm4829, you're still here, which can be a good thing for you because TC can suffice many needs. I've seen several users praising the quick and nice support they get here. Keep on going on with Tiny Core if you see the benefit. A chilled mood will help. Stress is counter productive, regardless of what OS you use. Learning means thriving. Enough hippie-talk, don't be a fool on purpose and you'll get help for free.
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline nmm4829

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2016, 11:24:36 PM »
i really praise the patience and support which Guys did for me here.
TinyCore is a very lightweight OS and that is great for my purposes for example to examin F.t & H.A & DRS functionality in VSphere environment.
i thanks all Guys here.
the cookbook introduced here perhaps is the first step to learn basics.
if i become less busy, surely i will start learning Linux basics, nice experience to learn new OS especially when the entire story is different with Microsoft. some kind of interesting