WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Mouse and touch pad no longer work after running xsetup  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Wolfgange

Mouse and touch pad no longer work after running xsetup
« on: August 28, 2016, 06:06:49 PM »
So I've done a frugal install of Core Plus 7.2 on a USB drive. The touch pad for my laptop (what I'm running it on) worked flawlessly before. However, the screen resolution had been set too low. So, I ran xsetup from the terminal and selected the correct display resolution. After selecting the resolution it asked for the input scheme, all of which didn't look like the correct one (none dealt with a touchpad). I selected the first one and rebooted.

Fortunately, the screen resolution is now correct, however, the touchpad no longer works. I plugged in a wireless USB mouse and that didn't work either although I did see a strange character in the terminal when I clicked either button. I ran xsetup a few more times selecting the other various input schemes such as COM1 2 button etc. with no luck. Any ideas?

One other quick question: is there a way to click the selected UI element in FLWM with the keyboard? I've figured out you can use tab and shift+tab to cycle through the elements but I've yet to figure out how to activate it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 06:16:01 PM by Wolfgange »

Offline Wolfgange

Re: Mouse and touch pad no longer work after running xsetup
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 09:42:23 PM »
Edit (I couldn't seem to find the modify button on the post): I realized it'd be easier to just reinstall. However, I still would like to know how to run xsetup without messing with the touchpad/mouse.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 11:36:58 PM »
If you want to modify just the screen resolution you can edit ~/.xsession directly

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 02:50:11 AM »
FLTK uses the space key to activate buttons. The default mouse option is the first one, usb & ps2, IIRC.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.