WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How can I get an apscheduler extension?  (Read 6190 times)

Offline bill thomson

Re: How can I get an apscheduler extension?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2016, 10:10:43 PM »
Noted and recorded.

Thanks for setting me straight, guys.    :-[

Regards,

Bill - KR6K
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 10:12:20 PM by bill thomson »

Offline Terry_J_C

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 05:14:50 AM »
Guys,

Just happened past after being focused on other aspects of my project for a few weeks.

Thanks for the info Bill et al; I'll try the procedure outlined in due course.  I'm busy designing the hardware and agreeing the requirements with the Trustees of our Model Town, which will be the beneficiary of this work.  We are re-instating the chimes in the model Minster, including physically striking the model 'Quarter Jack' bells every 15 minutes.

Once the Trustees have decided, I'll buy all the hardware and will have time to get back to this while I await delivery!
Terry

Offline bill thomson

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 01:46:57 AM »
Terry,

In addition to the info from the previous posts in this thread, you'll need to add

/usr/local/bin/pip

to /opt/.filetool.lst to make pip persistent.

usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/APScheduler will make APS persistent.

Don't forget to do a backup.

Offline Terry_J_C

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 02:16:32 AM »
In addition to the info from the previous posts in this thread, you'll need to add

/usr/local/bin/pip

Don't forget to do a backup.

Bill,

Thanks.
Terry

Offline Terry_J_C

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2016, 03:40:33 AM »

/usr/local/bin/pip

Bill,

Your procedure (with added bits) seemed to work well and I have now been able to import apscheduler into Python 2.7.

I have one further clarification to ask for.  You mentioned at the beginning that APScheduler is case sensitive, and so I followed your instructions to the letter.  All of the commands worked OK (there was a fairly lengthy error message when I installed APScheduler, regarding ownership of the install location, but it seemed to work OK).

However, I've noticed that the APScheduler code seems to be installed in usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/apscheduler not usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/APScheduler and I have to import apscheduler, not APScheduler, so should I be backing up usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/apscheduler instead (or as well)?
Terry