WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: rpi-vc.tcz package for picore 8 running on rpi zero  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Linkan

rpi-vc.tcz package for picore 8 running on rpi zero
« on: August 04, 2016, 08:24:14 AM »
I've got myself a raspberry pi zero and a camera module and I wanted to do a timelapse project running on battery. I need a compact OS so I can fit more images on the sd card. I've read that I needed picore version 8 which is still in beta so I can understand why the rpi-vc.tcz package is not available yet. Is it something that will be available soon?

Offline Linkan

Re: rpi-vc.tcz package for picore 8 running on rpi zero
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 12:09:41 AM »
Is there a way for me to compile the videocore package myself or install the picore 7 version on picore 8?

Offline mocore

• ~.~
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 04:24:20 AM »

it is possible to try and compile your self
http://www.stuffaboutcode.com/2013/08/compile-raspberry-pi-userland-raspivid.html ( alltho this example is using debian )

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 05:49:41 AM »
You can use the GitHub release w/o recompiling.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline Linkan

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 05:30:17 AM »
@bmarkus Where can I find the git repository for that?

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline Linkan

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 01:40:26 PM »
@bmarkus Thanks, so I put the bin, lib and sbin directories (downloaded from pre-compiled firmware github repository) in /opt/local by creating a squashfs file which I installed on my raspberry pi using tce-load -i vc.tcz and it put all the files under the /opt/local directory as expected. I set the permissions to 777 for all files but when I try to run raspistill (when pwd shows /opt/local/bin and ls returns that raspistill exists in that directory) gives me "-sh: raspistill: not found" (if I run ./ssh it works)

file -kz raspistill gives me:
raspistill: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.3, for GNU/Linux 3.1.9, not stripped\012- data

I've tried running it on my raspberry pi model b and raspberry pi zero and both gives the same result. Sorry for my ignorance, I'm new to tiny core linux.

Offline Linkan

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 05:03:24 AM »
@bmarkus Well, I figured it out. The reason running /usr/local/bin/raspistill before gave me -sh: raspistill: not found is because it was dynamically linked with /lib/ld-linux.so.3 but because tiny core linux is compiled with hard floats /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 is the correct linker, and "/lib/ld-linux.so.3" doesnt exist.

When I did the same thing but with the directories under /hardfp/opt/vc it runs perfectly fine on my system. Thanks alot for your help!