Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

busybox wget patch

(1/1)

wysiwyg:
Good morning everyone, I was going to recompile the BB binaries to add some additional applets and noticed that there wasn't a patched version of the BB source code in the repo.  While applying the three patches, I noticed that the busybox-1.24.1_wget_3.patch has two parts of which the second does not seem applicable any longer.  This isn't critical, but does cause problems for automated processes since the patch fails.  Do you guys want the patched code to place in the repo like it was in the 6.x (and possibly earlier versions)?

Thanks,
Dave

curaga:
It applies to today's busybox master?

patching file networking/Config.src
Hunk #1 succeeded at 967 with fuzz 2 (offset -16 lines).
patching file networking/wget.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1258 (offset 288 lines).

The second part is needed, and can't be dropped. Having patched bb source would be ok.

wysiwyg:
Hey Curaga, when I applied the wget patch to the (unpatched) BB source downloaded from the TC repo, the second hunk failed.  After a visual inspection, I couldn't see that code to be patched was present at all which is why I said it doesn't appear to be used any longer:

$ cat networking/Config.src | grep 'G.timeout_seconds'
$

Thoughts?

wysiwyg:
I took a second look at this again and realized I was attempting to apply both hunks of the wget patch to the 'networking/Config.src' file, but the second hunk needs to be applied to 'networking/wget.c'.  Got it!  I'll send the patched source to you guys...

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version