WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Porting waitusb changes  (Read 2392 times)

Offline jls

Porting waitusb changes
« on: July 15, 2016, 06:17:05 PM »
Hi
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,20147.0/topicseen.html
Another thingh I see that busybox was updated on tc 7. Was it done also on dCore?
Thanks
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Porting waitusb changes
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 06:59:42 AM »
I'll apply the waitusb patch.

Busybox is the same version since the first x86 dCore, one day I will look into upgrading it. 

Offline jls

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 07:16:20 AM »
Hi
Thanks Jason
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 05:46:15 PM »
JLS - As I have other issues I am working on, if I send you an updated dCore-*.gz of your choice with the waitusb changes would you be willing to test it with the waitusb=UUID=, and waitusb=LABEL=, and waitusb=(whatever seconds makes the usb recognized)?   I tested the blkid commands in the Core changes and they seem to work during runtime in dCore, but I would like to be sure, and I remember much time was spent in waitusb here but that was likely due to udev rules rather than the waitusb code.  After all I would like to keep a common codebase when possible with Core to ease shared changes one way or another, and our waitusb function is much different now but it works.  Hope it can work the same with the new Core changes.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 05:48:17 PM by Jason W »

Offline jls

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 06:25:29 AM »
Hi
You can send me dCore-trusty.gz if you want, better to publish it so anyone else can test too.
thanks
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 07:40:55 AM »
Ok, I don't like to break even the RC without some testing which I can't do myself right now, as I imagine most run the RC and not release, but the change can easily be reverted.  I will put it in the RC today, and if it works then great. 

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 11:40:41 AM »
Was able to test Core's new waitusb routine, works here but my usb does not need waitusb but I have a feeling it will be good.  Uploaded to RC.