WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TinyCore Remote Desktop  (Read 8587 times)

Offline JamesBoden

TinyCore Remote Desktop
« on: July 14, 2016, 07:57:48 AM »
I have a situation where I am setting up a training lab connecting to a virtual desktop on a windows 2012 R2 server.  On this server is all the lab machines.  The goal of this is for me to be able to walk into a lab where machines are already set up, hook my server into the network and have the current machines boot off of a cd and connect to this server.  For this I am trying to use Tiny Core to do this.  I have been following this instructions in the following link: http://itekblog.com/tiny-core-linux-remote-desktop-kiosk/#comment-76946

I have everything working except that when it goes to run the rdesktop from the location it tells me, there is no rdesktop there.  I know everything is working because if I leave in the command to do an exitcheck.sh shutdown, it does that.  So I commented out this command, rebuilt everything and tried it without that in there so I can do some exploring to see why rdesktop is not running. 

So the question I have is this, does anyone have an ISO that works, that I can use or if they have all the steps needed to create the correct ISO for this. 

Please remember I am a Linux newbie, so if you send me Linux commands tell me where I can find them.

Thanks for the help.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: TinyCore Remote Desktop
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 09:46:58 AM »
That guide is wrong in the "copy files to /tce/optional and delete /cde/optional" part. Everything should go to /cde/optional and nothing needs to be deleted.

edit: Since it's several years old, the file list might also be outdated.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline JamesBoden

Re: TinyCore Remote Desktop
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 11:49:36 AM »
Thank you for your response. 

I was able to rebuild it and was able to get the rdesktop to be acknowledged from a terminal window, meaning if I type rdesktop it gives me all the help info. 

What I am running into now is getting it to run one of my virtual's on my training server.  I have 15 virtual's out there numbered tra-0 all the way up to tra-14.  I am not sure how to have rdesktop to pick one of them.  Does anyone know what the command is to run to connect to it?  I figured it would be something like rdesktop -u (username) -p (password) tra-#.    I suppose I can label my CD's in that fashion, but I really don't want to build, 15 cds with a different configuration.