WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: fbtft  (Read 27605 times)

Offline jordache

Re: fbtft
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2017, 11:26:51 AM »
hey max,
i think it was you who emailed me a few days ago about this - i sent you an email back but for some reason it would not deliver, i'm not sure why.  anyways, as i said in my post before, the way to get jivelite working on a screen this small is to edit the "DesktopJiveMeta.lua" file in the unsquashed jivelite.tcz to point the default skin to "WQVGAsmallSkin" instead of "Joggler" and then recompile.  This is because the Joggler skin (the normal default) is too big for the 3.5" screen that we're using.  alternatively, you should be able to hook your raspberry pi up via the HDMI cable, select the WQVGA as the default screen, and THEN use the 3.5" screen as normal.  i hope this makes sense - it was a few months ago now that i solved this, so my memory is a little bit hazy.  i tried attaching the jivelite.tcz file here, but the forum max is 192KB, and the TCZ file is 11.4MB.  so if you want it i can email it to you (although your email address doesn't appear to accept emails for some reason - perhaps you can give me an alternate address to use).  i hope that helps, feel free to ask any more questions and i'll try my best to answer them!

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2017, 01:35:51 PM »
Hi jordache
i tried attaching the jivelite.tcz file here, but the forum max is 192KB, and the TCZ file is 11.4MB.
Besides the size issue, you are not allowed to post extensions in the forum.

Offline jordache

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2017, 09:21:15 PM »
Besides the size issue, you are not allowed to post extensions in the forum.

seems like an odd rule - aren't these forums about sharing the fruits of our collective labor?  ah well anyways, thanks for the heads up Rich...i'll be sure to avoid posting extensions in the future.

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2017, 09:45:36 PM »
Please see the extensions section of the wiki for submission guidelines

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2017, 09:54:11 PM »
Hi jordache
It's not that extensions are not wanted or appreciated. It's just that extensions should be submitted to the repository. This
way they are centrally located rather than scattered in posts across the forum. The Wiki has instructions for creating and
submitting extensions. Instructions for submission are here:
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:creating_extensions#send_to

Online nowhinjing

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2017, 09:24:36 AM »
I submitted a tft.tcz some time ago, but it has not appeared in the repository, nor have I heard any thing about it - has it perchance got lost ?

For those interested in getting TFT screens to work with piCorePlayer, see this guide.

Code: [Select]
http://www.pughx2.com/picoreplayer.html
NWJ

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2017, 09:33:23 AM »
Hi nowhinjing
Depending on when you submitted it, it seems to take between 1 and 2 weeks for extensions to show up in the repository.
After that it may take a day or 2 to propagate to the mirrors.

Online nowhinjing

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2017, 11:53:42 PM »
.. was submitted on May !st ...

I guess, I should be patient.

NWJ