WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: md5sum: libdevmapper.tcz.md5.txt missing from repo  (Read 2792 times)

Offline bobl

md5sum: libdevmapper.tcz.md5.txt missing from repo
« on: June 24, 2016, 07:57:11 PM »
/usr/local/etc/ssh$ tce-load -wi  parted.tcz
parted.tcz.dep OK
Downloading: libdevmapper.tcz
Connecting to repo.tinycorelinux.net (89.22.99.37:80)
wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
md5sum: libdevmapper.tcz.md5.txt: No such file or directory
Error on libdevmapper.tcz

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: md5sum: libdevmapper.tcz.md5.txt missing from repo
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 08:18:48 PM »
Hi bobl
Based on what I see in the repository I'm guessing you are using piCore version 7. It appears  libdevmapper.tcz  is listed
as a dependency but not currently in that piCore repository. When reporting a problem please include which version
and what architecture you are using.

Offline bobl

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 08:37:56 PM »
Yes, sorry about that I thought it was in the transcript but I see I used the stock tce-load rather than my instrumented one which tells me exactly the url being downloaded which would have better informed you. I want to rearrange my sdcard a little to add a third partition (Add a persistent mount for data). That way tinycore can always boot regardless of the data partitions state, but I can do more on a physical storage device - more traditionally. Other than parted which is clearly broken can you suggest something?

I have another one to post for V7 too - coming up

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 10:16:38 PM »
Hi bobl
If parted can't run without  libdevmapper.tcz  you'll have to wait for it to be added to the repository. If you are comfortable
using  gparted  (personally I'm not) you could use that.

Offline bobl

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 11:06:00 PM »
I don't seem to be able to get X installed either! Snookered. I am currently trying to call resize2fs on shutdown to do it. problem is shutdown calls umount -arf  which presumably umounts everything not leaving a place for resize2fs to be loaded from I will have to modify it to leave / mounted call resize2fs then umount /

Computers, don't you love em

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 11:26:39 PM »
Hi bobl
If you use the  copy2fs.flg  bootcode it will copy extensions to the RAM instead of mounting them. That should allow you to
unmount the device. If you have persistent  /home  and  /opt  you may also have to remove the  home=  and  opt=  bootcodes.

Offline bobl

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 02:42:36 AM »
Thanks Rich as a newbie (to Tiny Core) it'll take me a little while to come to terms with these mechanisms. At the moment I have a problem on mmcblk0p2 and its not loading so I can ssh in and do anything!, it probably needs fsck and is waiting for me to press something on a local keyboard. The pi is half a continent away from me at the moment.