WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: New to TinyCore Linux  (Read 11303 times)

Offline FruityComputers

Re: New to TinyCore Linux
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 05:29:04 AM »
I managed to get a DSL live CD to run so that could be another option for an OS that has firefox already on it I tested it and I was able to browse the web satisfactory. I'll stick with Coreplus for now.

Apps like open office and firefox would have no problems running on this laptop besides its not as if its an old 486. If it wasn't for the low 4MB V-RAM then lubuntu would work fine for basic use.  I've ran apps like open office and many light wight distros on much lower spec computers.

This first thing I need to do is learn some basic commands on Core Plus in order to get these apps. Is there a site that has terminal commands I could learn?   

Offline FruityComputers

Re: New to TinyCore Linux
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 10:48:28 AM »
It turns out that my original copy of puppy was no good so I burnt another and this one boots up on my CF-28 and I have sound   :o I can run it in high resolution too. I'm quite chuffed with that. Puppy Linux will now be its main OS if everything goes to plan figures crossed... I installed it to the hard drive but made a mistake when I installed the grub boot loader so I've got to start again, hopefully I'll get lucky the second time.  I was mainly just looking for a graphical desktop environment for this specific laptop for basic use.

This doesn't mean I've abandoned Tiny Core I have installed Tiny Core on another laptop as it does interest me and I hope to learn more about as I go along