WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Compiling source package and dependencies job  (Read 2293 times)

Offline mulletman87

Compiling source package and dependencies job
« on: May 28, 2016, 02:33:55 PM »
Hi everyone,

I need someone to build this (and all the dependencies) for picore7 (raspberry pi 2):

https://github.com/aptivate/pmgraph

Things are a little crazy my side and since I don't have the time to figure this out (it will probably take me awhile lol), I thought I would ask the community if anyone would like to be paid to do it for me?

I have no idea how much is fair so please PM me, this is just a "feeler" (I will pay via PayPal.)

You are more than welcome to submit it to the tinycore repo afterwards so that anyone can use and benefit from it in the future :)

Thank you!

Offline gavinmc42

Re: Compiling source package and dependencies job
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 12:07:16 AM »
pmGraph is quite lightweight, and requires only 8MB of disk space. However, it relies on other, bulkier programs. If you don’t already have Tomcat, Java, MySQL server and pmacct, you will have to install them as well, which may take around 300 MB of disk space.

Not sure if doing pmGraph is going to help if you need all these as well.
Java will be a pain, I have had Java working on piCore but only by copying the binaries.
Probably going to end up with 600MB+ install on a 50MB OS, why not just use Raspbian?

Offline mulletman87

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 04:59:52 AM »
Heya!

Good question! The only reason why I am using tinycore is because it's not as suseptable to SD card corruption since everything runs in RAM. I have looked for "blackout proof" options in raspberrian and even OpenWRT and nothing is as good as tinycore.

That is not to say that I don't want to do anything on the SD CARD, I just want to minimize writes so maybe some of that can go on the SDcard?

Offline gavinmc42

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 06:31:00 PM »
Yep nothing seems as rocksolid as piCore.

But becuase it stores installs/binaries as tcz it is different, not as many options.
This has forced me to learn Linux, busybox, grep, awk, sed etc, not a bad thing.
Or go through the tcz listing and figure out what has already been done and that can be installed and used
Big tcz's will slow down boot time too.

You have to go down to basic principles, installing massive dependencies to plot one graph seems silly.
So I learned how to plot graphs by using shell script to modify inline svg, 2k of code.
Life is a little too short to redo this every time a new project comes along so I use dygraph now, 100k?
Might go back and revisit this plotting one day and do it in 10k? of micropython.
Depends if you want to do it in the browser- javascript or on the server - shell, micropython etc.

Offline mulletman87

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 11:11:19 PM »
Hey!

Yeah i have been looking for something like PM graph for the last year or so, there is nothing else that matches what I need unfortunately.

I know that the dependencies are a bit heavy but it is something that I must work with, hence why I wanted to pay someone to help me for a fee. Perhaps once I have it up and running, I can investigate the possibility of running mySQL and tomcat on a VPS and then letting pmacct run on the PI, since that is just collecting data and sending it anyways.

Are you keen to help and if you are, please PM me what you will charge :)

Thanks!

Offline gavinmc42

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 01:18:23 AM »
Way outside my capabilities.

pmacct seems to be active, Jan 2016, maybe someone there might be interested.
All the graphing links seem to be 4-10yrs old.

pmacct seems to be C source so compilable on ARM?
libpcap.tcz has been done.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 01:24:14 AM »
My advice to take a look on piCore-8.0. Base is ready and stable, it works on all RPi boards including RPi3. Actually I'm updating common server components like mysql, apache, php, etc. And will take a look on Java too. It means that in the near future most of the necessary components will be available in the repo.

So better to wait a bit
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline mulletman87

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 04:19:20 AM »
@gavinmc42 Thanks for being honest and for getting that info for me. Yeah I will have to build pmacct from source and it can run on ARM.

@bmarkus Now that is fantastic news! Much appreciated, looking forward to it! :)

Thanks

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 01:42:06 PM »
mariadb.tcz added to 8.x repo.
Béla

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 01:07:41 PM »
LAMP now is working on piCore-8.0beta1. I installed Joomla, Wordpress, phpMyAdmin and Mantisbt successfuly on RPi2, they are running fine with Apache-2.4, MariaDB and PHP5. Will test in next days and add PHP to the repo.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:14:39 PM by bmarkus »
Béla