WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Elo Touchscreen losing calibration when powered off  (Read 2584 times)

Offline hoogenboom

Elo Touchscreen losing calibration when powered off
« on: May 03, 2016, 04:45:18 AM »
Hello,

I am using TCL 3.8.4 and Xorg-7.5 with an Elo Touchscreen (1515L). I followed this handy guide (http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,8753.0.html) and its working well. However, when I power off the monitor and back on again the calibration resets. The only thing that brings it back is a reboot or exit to prompt and running startx. I'm wondering if there is a process that I need to be looking at. Thanks

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: Elo Touchscreen losing calibration when powered off
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 05:40:07 AM »
Check your Elo manual and see if there is a save calibration procedure.

Offline hoogenboom

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 06:54:23 AM »
No save calibration feature that I can find in the manual. Also same monitor running on TCL 7 and Xorg-7.7 on very similar hardware is working great.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 09:37:00 AM »
If newer Xorg works better, then I think you should upgrade. Of course if there's lots of those machines in production, etc, you could try to isolate if it was the elo driver or some other part, then backport.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline andyj

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 11:18:53 AM »
In the days that I dealt with elo touchscreens there was a file /etc/opt/elo-usb/USBConfigData that I had to save in /opt/.filetool.sh to preserve the screen calibration. I don't know if they've fixed their ugly paths, but is there something similar now?

Offline hoogenboom

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 09:27:20 AM »
Nope. I couldn't find any files like that. Upgrading sounds great but unfortunately TC 3.8.4 is the only version that will detect my CF card. I have 2 Affirmative Thin Client models 2322 and 2320. Internally and externally the hardware looks identical. But for some reason model 2320 is causing me grief. Model 2322 is working perfect with TC 7!

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 12:22:13 PM »
TC 3 was the last kernel using the old IDE layer. Most likely your older thin client uses a rare ide chipset that's not well supported under the new ata layer, and if you built a custom kernel with the old ide driver for it, you could use TC 7.

Look into the TC 3 dmesg for any ide/ata messages.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.