WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: automatic startup (again)  (Read 5982 times)

Offline emninger

automatic startup (again)
« on: May 12, 2016, 03:48:16 AM »
Sorry for asking this question, but it's a long time i did not touch this netbook so i'm a bit unsure:

Do i get it right, that the - user related - automatic startup works like this:

-  /opt/bootlocal.sh keeps processes and daemons (i start here polipo e.g.)
-  the scripts in ~/.X.d./  (i have here tor, conky, spideroakone, claws-mail)

Is that correct, grosso modo?

Now my question: Is the ~/.config/autostart/ folder also considered. And if so, a) which kind of file here? *.desktop? b) does this conflict which one of the both above?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: automatic startup (again)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 03:56:30 AM »
Is that correct, grosso modo?
Yes

Is the ~/.config/autostart/ folder also considered. And if so, a) which kind of file here? *.desktop? b) does this conflict which one of the both above?
This and /usr/local/etc/xdg/autostart/*desktop are not used by the tinycore base, but by certain extensions like, for example, gnome-session.

Taking the example of gnome-session, there is the potential for conflicts since it starts various daemons that a user could start from bootlocal.sh, but in normal use everything seems to work fine.

Offline emninger

Re: automatic startup (again)
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 09:16:17 AM »
Thanks Juanito. I'm fine with the startup like it is :)

I only wanted to know if autostart is considered or not by default (since some extensions put a file there, like in my case the spideroakone extension (which i created on my own using the slackware version) - but i start it anyway in .X.d.