WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: LAMP ready to light  (Read 9785 times)

Offline andyj

LAMP ready to light
« on: April 08, 2016, 06:29:58 PM »
I've built 59 extensions for 64-bit LAMP including MariaDB 10.1, PostgreSQL 9.4, Apache 2.4, PHP 7.0 and a pile of supporting libraries, utilities and their associated -devs. The total size with source is 327 MB which is a bit large to e-mail. Is there a better way I hope?

Online Juanito

• Administrator
Re: LAMP ready to light
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 09:12:53 PM »
It's great that you've built so many extensions  :)

Just a quick check, since there are 59 of them - do any of them replace/update existing extensions and, if so, are they likely to break other extensions due to library version changes?

Is there somewhere you can upload the extensions to so we can get at them?

Offline andyj

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 11:30:29 AM »
So, yes, one is net-snmp which we discussed previously and has since been upgraded for 32-bit but not 64, so this should resolve that. The other is cyrus-sasl which you just recently uploaded and I didn't know about until I ran submitqc. However, I'm also including openldap, and I did the rebuild of cyrus-sasl to include ldap support so as not to be left out of the circular dependency club. So my cyrus-sasl is the same version as yours, but with ldap support. You should be able to find them here: http://www.asjohnson.com/~andy/tinycorelinux/7.x/x86_64/tcz/. It may be a little slow, my upload speed is only 1 meg. That's the best I can get in the sticks and still have a static IP address. I've since added some more so now there are 62, and there shouldn't be any libiconv dependencies this time.

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 01:33:21 AM »
uploaded - thanks  :)

Offline andyj

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 12:45:38 PM »
I apologize, but one more addition. Tcl8.6.tcz has a dependency on tzdata.tcz. It's the dependencies that you can't find with ldd that are tricky, and this one I knew about but forgot when I was uploading the files (it was late).

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 10:20:37 PM »
done  :)

Offline andyj

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 08:31:15 PM »
@Juanito

In the last month I've updated PHP to 7.0.7, PostgreSQL to 9.5.3, and BIND to 9.10.4. You may get them here: http://www.asjohnson.com/tinycorelinux/7.x/x86_64/tcz/?C=M;O=D at your convenience. I tried to PM you directly but I kept getting permission errors.

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 03:55:54 AM »
Shouldn't php7-dev.tcz.dep contain at least one of php7-{cgi.cli,ext,fpm,mod}.tcz?

Offline andyj

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 06:43:24 AM »
The -dev extension has the "phpdbg" debugger executable, so it can process PHP code without needing one of the other executables from -cgi, -cli, -mod,  or -fpm. All of them can run without -ext so it not required per se, but they could all benefit from it. I would imagine that someone would target one of these four depending on their choice of web server and likely add -ext for database access and the other goodies on their production server, and use -dev plus -ext on their development box.

I did notice as I was looking through the file lists that /usr/local/etc/pear.conf is in -mod instead of -dev, so I'll need to fix the build script and re-upload it later today.

Are there stats on which if any are being downloaded? I'm curious to know if there is anyone besides me using TC for LAMP.

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 07:05:42 AM »
As far as I know, there are no download stats...

Online curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 10:24:35 AM »
We do have stats for the main mirror, but with 16 mirrors total, anyone using a different mirror won't be counted.

edit: postgresql-9.5.1.tcz has been downloaded from 14 different IPs from the main mirror.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:27:52 AM by curaga »
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.