WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: piCore-7.0rc2  (Read 19208 times)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: piCore-7.0rc2
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 01:33:22 PM »
Hi Greg Erskine
I don't like the way $HOST was also used in get_app routine.
I noticed that too. Though I couldn't wrap my head around a lot of the syntax, it looked like the $HOST variable was
being recycled for a different purpose.

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 02:46:34 PM »
This is from the X86 version under TC4 so I don't know if it's valid under PI. In tc-config:

It looks like if you set the hostname in  /etc/hostname  and back it up, it will be used if the  host  boot code exists.

Code on piCore is the same.   You also need to look at /usr/bin/sethostname that gets called during bootsync.sh  you have to specify the actual hostname on the command line.   Editing /etc/hostname and adding to your backup set does nothing.   You must specify "host=newname" on the command line to have any affect.

There is a fairly easy solution in adding a handshake between the command /usr/bin/sethostname running and /etc/init.d/dhcp.sh running.

Added at the end of /usr/bin/sethostname
Code: [Select]
touch /tmp/sethostnameran
Added to the beginning of /etc/init.d/hdcp.sh
CNT=0
until [ -e "/tmp/sethostnameran" ]
do
  [ $((CNT++)) -gt 100 ] && break || sleep 0.1
done
rm -fr /tmp/sethostmaneran

There is probably no need for a timeout trap, since sethostname always gets called.....but just incase someone changes /opt/bootsync.sh it will timeout after 10 seconds

And yes, it looks like $HOST is just being recycled.....it is referring the the remote hostname for retrieving apps.  It doesn't get used until after the local hostname is set.......so no big deal, but it's a little confusing.   (I'm a little fuzzy on variable scope in shell scripts too, but I think it is a local scope too)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 02:49:35 PM by Paul_123 »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 06:05:47 PM »
Hi Paul_123
Actually I misspoke, upon taking a closer look:
if [ -n "$HOST" ]; then
sethostname
else
/bin/hostname -F /etc/hostname
fi
If you do not use the  host  boot code, the else path will be taken and set the hostname from /etc/hostname. This
happens early in the tc-config script. No need to call  sethostname  from  bootsync.sh  in this case.

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 07:40:19 PM »
Hi Paul_123
Actually I misspoke, upon taking a closer look:
if [ -n "$HOST" ]; then
sethostname
else
/bin/hostname -F /etc/hostname
fi
If you do not use the  host  boot code, the else path will be taken and set the hostname from /etc/hostname. This
happens early in the tc-config script. No need to call  sethostname  from  bootsync.sh  in this case.

Yes, that runs early in the boot process, but the persistent data has not been restored at that point, so all you get is the name that is stored in the initrd.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2015, 07:46:56 PM »
Hi Paul_123
In that case, disregard everything I said. :)

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2015, 07:22:34 AM »
Hi Paul_123
In that case, disregard everything I said. :)

Lol...it is confusing.

Perhaps we should put a comment with the sethostname command in bootsync, that it doesn't work if you want the proper hostname broadcast to your dhcp server.

Offline gavinmc42

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 07:10:26 AM »
Hi Bela,

Running 7.0rc1, installed a bunch of tcz including TC and vlc
ssh got broke, went looking and found openssl-1.0.1.tcz was also installed.
Deleting it and keeping the other openssl.tcz fixed the ssh issue with rc1.
Not sure if you have fixed it for rc2/3

Because I installed lots of tcz's I'm not sure which xxx.tcz.dep file required the openssl-1.0.1 version.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 12:09:17 AM »
Hi Bela,

Running 7.0rc1, installed a bunch of tcz including TC and vlc
ssh got broke, went looking and found openssl-1.0.1.tcz was also installed.
Deleting it and keeping the other openssl.tcz fixed the ssh issue with rc1.
Not sure if you have fixed it for rc2/3

Because I installed lots of tcz's I'm not sure which xxx.tcz.dep file required the openssl-1.0.1 version.

openssl-1.0.1.tcz is the old package from 6.x while openssl.tcz is the current openssl-1.0.2 branch for 7.x As soon as packages will be rebuilt against current opnessl.tcz openssl-1.0.1.tcz will be dropped. It is ongoing.

Anyhow, it has nothing to do with rc's and base, only the repo.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 05:51:37 AM »

openssl-1.0.1.tcz is the old package from 6.x while openssl.tcz is the current openssl-1.0.2 branch for 7.x As soon as packages will be rebuilt against current opnessl.tcz openssl-1.0.1.tcz will be dropped. It is ongoing.

Anyhow, it has nothing to do with rc's and base, only the repo.

Bela,

put a copy of this extension on your system.....do not load it.    When you reboot, it will get loaded.  I think there is a problem with
tce-bootload.

Paul

Offline Gerrelt

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2016, 01:23:58 PM »

I have installed rc2 on two raspberries, no problems encountered!

Greetings,
   Gerrelt
my Raspberry Pi page: http://raspberry.gerrelt.nl

Offline beerstein

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2016, 05:55:04 AM »
HI: I installed and ran piCore-7.0rc2 last night on a RASBI B with TC.tcz and installed pcmanfm, and VLC. Then I connected from my debian8 PC into
tc@hostname via mc. I copied files from the Pc to RASPI it worked Ok but at the end of the file transfer the PC did not disconnect and und a large number
appeared counting down on screen. After that the ssh connection was broken. On the RASPI in CLI (CTRL-ALT-F1) the following message showed up:

$ error openssl mismatch. Built against 1000204f, you have 1000109f
2cycles done

I remember seeing that message on piCorePlayer too?

What can I do?
Would it be enough to remove openssl and reinstall openssl or do Ii need to remove all openss..... related extensions?

Thanks for helping here.
t(w)o be(ers) or not t(w)o be(ers) that is the question

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2016, 03:51:19 PM »
HI: I installed and ran piCore-7.0rc2 last night on a RASBI B with TC.tcz and installed pcmanfm, and VLC. Then I connected from my debian8 PC into
tc@hostname via mc. I copied files from the Pc to RASPI it worked Ok but at the end of the file transfer the PC did not disconnect and und a large number
appeared counting down on screen. After that the ssh connection was broken. On the RASPI in CLI (CTRL-ALT-F1) the following message showed up:

$ error openssl mismatch. Built against 1000204f, you have 1000109f
2cycles done

I remember seeing that message on piCorePlayer too?

What can I do?
Would it be enough to remove openssl and reinstall openssl or do Ii need to remove all openss..... related extensions?

Thanks for helping here.

That is the OpenSSL issue that. I and Gavin reported.  Make sure that you delete the OpenSSL-1.0.1.tcz from your system.   You should only be loading OpenSSL.tcz