Team Tiny Core is pleased to announce that Tiny Core 7.0 rc2 is available for public testing:http://repo.tinycorelinux.net/7.x/x86/release_candidates/http://repo.tinycorelinux.net/7.x/x86_64/release_candidates/
This is a release candidate. If you decide to help test, then please test carefully. We don't want anyone to lose data.
We appreciate testing and feedback.
If you use distribution files note that you need a new vmlinuz and core.gz (or rootfs.gz + modules.gz)
Changelog for 7.0 rc2:
* glibc patched for dns vunerability
* tc-config: use full path for hwclock, from Misalf
Changelog for 7.0 rc1:
* kernel updated to 4.2.9 with the latest stable patch, with these config changes:
- minstrel enabled for some wireless cards
- vmmouse disabled for VMWare + Xvesa
- the cpu limit on the 64-bit kernel raised to 64
* busybox updated to 1.24.1
* busybox patched to fix "crontab -e" error
* glibc updated to 2.22
* gcc updated to 5.2.0
* e2fsprogs base libs/apps updated to 1.42.13
* util-linux base libs/apps updated to 2.27
* there is a drm/i915 kernel driver error pending a fix
* the alsa extensions have been refactored and updated
* the Xorg-7.7 extensions have been updated.
* there is a significant (+/-20mb) increase in CorePlus iso size due to an increase in firmware extension size
* most other extensions have been copied over from the 6.x repo