Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

FreeRDP and Auto Wifi Connect

(1/2) > >>

XFDesigns:
Hey Guys,

First time using tiny core... coming from Thinstation which works great for my goal using a wired solution... but wireless is just not happening.  Keeps Dropping
As for tiny core.. installed it and the wifi works great.. never drops
problem 1: having a hard time setting up the wifi to automatically boot.  So wondering if there is a guide to setting it up for a WPA 2 .
problem 2: After it automatically boots to the correct wifi I need it to automatically boot into the free RDP with preloaded server and domain information... where the user just has to input the username and domain.

If anyone can point to the to the right direct for both problems.. it would be a big help.. I am not a Linux expert in anyway just a heads up...

Rich:
Hi XFDesigns
To start free RDP automatically, create a file under  /home/tc/.X.d  containing the command to start it. Something like:

--- Code: ---xfreerdp -z -g 1280x1024 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD --plugin cliprdr --plugin rdpdr --data disk:msrb:/home/tc/msrbcusips/templates disk:raw:/home/tc/msrbcusips/buffer -- xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3390 &
--- End code ---

patrikg:
I Don't I am the right guy to answer, but i am doing it this way on my pi.

tce-load wifi
add nodhcp to cmdline to not start dhcp server.

tc@box:/opt$ more wpa.conf
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=staff
ap_scan=1
network={
        ssid="User"
        psk="Password"
        group=CCMP
        pairwise=CCMP
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        proto=RSN
}

tc@box:/opt$ more bootlocal.sh
#!/bin/sh
# put other system startup commands here
/usr/local/etc/init.d/openssh start
wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -c/opt/wpa.conf -B -Dwext
/sbin/udhcpc -n -b -i wlan0 -p /var/run/udhcpc.wlan0.pid

coreplayer2:
Hello XFDesigns
I'm guessing there are many methods available to start wifi on boot like the method I use in my traveling notebook which first determines if an Ethernet connection is available then if not will fire up wifi.sh in a terminal window with a list of available AP's to connect to.   But for a simple approach to start an auto wifi connection I'd install wifi.tcz extension and any dependencies, then

Create a file " wifi " in /home/tc/.Xd  with a simple command within it like  " cliorx sudo wifi.sh "  to open a terminal with a list of available AP's  or   " cliorx sudo wifi.sh -a " to auto-connect to the first AP listed in /home/tc/wifi.db

Then add /home/tc/.Xd/wifi  to your backup to be used on next bootup

Rich:
Hi coreplayer2
He needs the network to be up prior to running  free RDP.

--- Quote ---Then add /home/tc/.Xd/wifi  to your backup to be used on next bootup
--- End quote ---
By default,  /home  is backed up, as is everything under  /home  , unless excluded by  .xfiletool.lst.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version