Team Tiny Core is pleased to announce that Tiny Core 7.0 Beta3 is available for public testing:http://repo.tinycorelinux.net/7.x/x86/release_candidates/http://repo.tinycorelinux.net/7.x/x86_64/release_candidates/
This is an beta level cut. If you decide to help test, then please test carefully. We don't want anyone to lose data.
Most extensions have been copied over from the 6.x repo - note that the alsa extensions have been refactored and updated and the Xorg-7.7 extensions have been updated.
We appreciate testing and feedback.
If you use distribution files note that you need a new vmlinuz and core.gz (or rootfs.gz + modules.gz)
Changelog for 7.0 beta3:
* busybox: remove obsolete /usr/bin/length
* tce-setup: quiet cd -, by vt1431
* i2c-algo-bit kernel module moved from the i2c extension to the base
Changelog for 7.0 beta2:
* busybox patched to fix "crontab -e" error
* kernel updated to 4.2.9 with the latest stable patch, with these config changes:
- minstrel enabled for some wireless cards
- vmmouse disabled for VMWare + Xvesa
- the cpu limit on the 64-bit kernel raised to 64
Changelog for 7.0 beta1:
* busybox updated to 1.24.1
* kernel updated to 4.2.7
* glibc updated to 2.22
* gcc updated to 5.2.0
* e2fsprogs base libs/apps updated to 1.42.13
* util-linux base libs/apps updated to 2.27
Note that the drm/i915 kernel driver error is still not fixed.