WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How do I install wine?  (Read 4383 times)

Offline Cecil

How do I install wine?
« on: January 21, 2016, 09:34:36 PM »
While searching the apps program I cannot find wine.tcz. While doing a search I downloaded a wine.tcz, probably an older version, and tried to load it. It would come up and say I need to install gecko or something but when I click download and install the window disappears and I can no longer run wine.tcz. I tried to compile the latest version of wine by installing compiletc and gcc, I'd get an error that I cannot install with X so I installed Xorg, but when trying to compile once again the terminal endlessly repeats itself and gets stuck in a loop. Is there somewhere I can download a working wine.tcz? preferably the latest version? Or another way I can install wine? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: How do I install wine?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 10:08:49 PM »
If the apps gui in the version you're using did not show wine, then the version you downloaded is for a different version of tinycore - most probably tc-4.x

You can pm the wine maintainer and request an update for tc-6.x or you can take a look at the build instructions here:

http://tinycorelinux.net/4.x/x86/tcz/src/wine/