WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Logitech Media Server (LMS) on TC.7  (Read 42763 times)

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
Re: Logitech Media Server (LMS) on TC.7
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2016, 05:36:55 PM »
Greg,

You are correct.   gcc_libs.tcz is a requirement for the sox binary that is included with slimserver.  I'll add that to the dep list.   The sox binary is not used in the default server setup, but we should include everything that might be needed.

Thx for testing
Paul

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2016, 11:37:14 PM »

You are correct.   gcc_libs.tcz is a requirement for the sox binary that is included with slimserver.  I'll add that to the dep list.   The sox binary is not used in the default server setup, but we should include everything that might be needed.

sox.tcz is in the piCore repo. Are you using it or your own? Would be good to use repo items as much as possible. If something missing or need rebuild, tell.

Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline jgrulich

• GRULICH DESIGN - R&D Lab.
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2016, 01:11:06 AM »
The squeezelite player extension is available now:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rue4jkctmcf4nup/AAA0_UP_nQDdp3sCSsR2ynwUa?dl=0

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2016, 05:01:36 AM »
sox.tcz is in the piCore repo. Are you using it or your own? Would be good to use repo items as much as possible. If something missing or need rebuild, tell.

There are 4 binaries included with the arm specific package from Logitech. (faad, flac, sox, wvunpack)    To be honest, until Greg mentioned it, I didn't even know why they were there.    I have not even looked at the compile options that they use.  I did look at sox specfically, the are not dynamically linking to the libsox.so, so they must have a few things turned off or statically linked that specific library.

Offline yeme

« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2016, 06:30:16 AM »
I was having App troubles also and I put a "sleep 10" above my slimserver start command in bootlocal.sh and it is working correctly.

Also, what is the recommended procedure to combine PiCore player and slimserver on a single Pi?

hi yeme,

We will probably just add a web page to automate the install of LMS over piCorePlayer, but there are still things to work out before that happens.

In the mean time you should be able to follow Paul_123 instructions to manually install it yourself.

regards
Greg

Thanks, Greg.  I combined these yesterday-loaded piCorePlayer 2.0 first, then employed Paul_123's Slimserver files and it has been running since last night.  I look forward to your more automated setup.  It has worked on RPI B, B+ and RPi2.

Offline yeme

« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2016, 06:37:29 AM »
Yeme,

Also, what is the recommended procedure to combine PiCore player and slimserver on a single Pi? 

You may use the slimserver.tcz and when you'll have it working, install the player:

Code: (bash) [Select]
tce-load -wi libasound.tcz
wget http://ralph_irving.users.sourceforge.net/pico/squeezelite-armv6hf-noffmpeg -O squeezelite
sudo chmod 755 squeezelite
sudo cp squeezelite /usr/bin

Than start the player:

Code: (bash) [Select]
/usr/bin/squeezelite -U PCM -z -s 127.0.0.1

This set the PCM at 100% volume for the integrated sound card.

Thanks, jgrulich. I want to have the "piCorePlayer" version because I really like the web GUI to access the player settings.  I will try your recipe as I need the experience!

Offline jgrulich

« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2016, 08:04:24 AM »
Thanks, jgrulich. I want to have the "piCorePlayer" version because I really like the web GUI to access the player settings.  I will try your recipe as I need the experience!
I've shared the link for squeezelite extension. It will be now easier and faster to add the player to the LMS. You don't need  any GUI for setup, only add one single line to the bootlocal.sh.

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2016, 02:24:57 PM »
Well,

Let's cross our fingers that this is the final update.   Lets call this RC1

*  Fixed Dependancy file to include gcc_libs.tcz
*  Updated to the latest commit 7b09e1c
*  Integrated a script to pull the nightly archive and update your local tcz.  (Inspired by jgrulich).   Script is smart enough not to update if the nightly has not changed.  included options for unattended operation and automatic reboots..........  it happens purely in /tmp.   The script will download and install squashfs-tools.tcz if you don't have it

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qj0hrk42tiepokl/AAApIaR9_mpmmHor0SZPPGhZa?dl=0

Offline jgrulich

« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2016, 03:31:41 AM »
What's the purpose of the gcc_libs? I'm not using even the bin files provided by Logitech and everything works.
Thee was a long discussion about that, but didn't found any conclusion.

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2016, 06:22:40 AM »
What's the purpose of the gcc_libs? I'm not using even the bin files provided by Logitech and everything works.
Thee was a long discussion about that, but didn't found any conclusion.

If you use LMS to transcode your files at the server level, LMS uses the binaries located in the /Bin directory.  One of those binaries needed a library contained in gcc_libs.tcz.    I know most don't do it, but some do.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:24:12 AM by Paul_123 »

Offline sbp

• piCorePlayer homepage
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2016, 11:31:06 AM »
Hi Paul.

Fantastic work you have done with LMS.
You and Jgrulich even managed to develop a script for updating the nightly LMS on piCore - this is even more impressive.

I don't think that this is possible on other distros. Most often there is a person responsible for maintaining the build of packages - but you made it possible for each user to freely update when they want.

So thank you.
As discussed with you in PM Greg and I are working on adding this to piCorePlayer in the future.

Steen

Offline Harlock74

« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2016, 01:54:30 AM »
Well,

Let's cross our fingers that this is the final update.   Lets call this RC1

*  Fixed Dependancy file to include gcc_libs.tcz
*  Updated to the latest commit 7b09e1c
*  Integrated a script to pull the nightly archive and update your local tcz.  (Inspired by jgrulich).   Script is smart enough not to update if the nightly has not changed.  included options for unattended operation and automatic reboots..........  it happens purely in /tmp.   The script will download and install squashfs-tools.tcz if you don't have it

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qj0hrk42tiepokl/AAApIaR9_mpmmHor0SZPPGhZa?dl=0

Hi Paul & All,
This is my first post here so let me say hello to everybody 8)

As I am completely new to this great linux distribution I would be grateful to you if you could guide me through the installation steps to iget LMS up and running on the excellent piCorePlayer.

After running:
Code: [Select]
wget https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qj0hrk42tiepokl/AAApIaR9_mpmmHor0SZPPGhZa?dl=0
shall I run:
tce-load -i slimserver-CPAN-armv6.tcz
tce-load -i slimserver.tcz
sudo filetool.sh -b

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:59:08 AM by Harlock74 »

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2016, 09:37:06 AM »
@Harlock74

1) Download the files to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional
2) edit /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/onboot.lst and add slimserver.tcz to the list.
3) add this to /opt/bootlocal.sh
#wait for Network to come up
CNT=0
until ifconfig | grep -q Bcast
do
   [ $((CNT++)) -gt 60 ] && break || sleep 1
done
mount /mnt/media   ///whatever mount command you need to mount your media folders......
/usr/local/etc/init.d/slimserver start
4) filetool.sh -b
5) reboot

Offline Harlock74

« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2016, 11:36:07 AM »
Hi Paul,
Many thanks for getting back to me. Very much appreciated.
Before posting back I did try several times, however I can't get it to work. It would appear that slim server is not running at all, indeed it doesn't show up when I run top.

I tried to run sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/slimserver start manually but I get the following error message:

/usr/local/etc/init.d/slimserver: line 83: /usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl: not found

When you get a chance would you please be so kind as to help me out? Many thanks for your patience with me. ::)

Offline Greg Erskine

« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2016, 11:41:54 AM »
hi Harlock74,

Did you load perl?

regards
Greg