WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: dCore --no-recommends  (Read 3388 times)

Offline nitram

Re: dCore --no-recommends
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 12:13:50 AM »
Me thinks this is modern Linux in general. The primary reason Tiny Core is so refreshing. Still glad you provided the flexibility, even if -RS will be rarely used. Probably better use cases than the XFE example, after all what the heck does Audaciuos, xarchvier, RPM package manager, xine video player interface and xpdf have to do with a lighweight file manager...who comes up with this stuff.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 06:08:31 AM »
Here is a thought.  Say one wants to import rox-filer with the recommends and suggests.  I think including the recommends of the target package or each entry in a list file and not of every dependency is just as useful in most or all cases than including every recommends of each dep.  Since most deps are libraries their recommends would normally add nothing to the functionality of the target package. 

This is apparently now how Debian/Ubuntu does it, but it would suit our purposes better.   This way a user could use sce-import -RS and end up with a more fully functional package but not have hundreds of megs or even a gig or more of bloat.  If we leave -RS as it is now, it is almost made useless just from the size issue and no one will use it.   My vote is to make -RS run on the target package or list of packages in a list file.  I will wait for feedback.

Offline jls

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 07:43:27 AM »
+1 jason
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 09:45:37 AM »
I will go ahead and make an RC with this change, I am sure we will like it.