WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: jsce-remove -k option query  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: jsce-remove -k option query
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 03:40:10 PM »
Here is a case in point, I have imported aisleriot with no deps so no dep file.  I import file with the -d option and in choose aisleriot as a dependency, so file.sce.dep file includes the entry aisleriot.  I import emelfm with the -d option and choose file as it's dependency sce, so emelfm.sce.dep includes file.

Now I go to sce-remove.   If I choose only aisleriot, the below sces will be removed:

aisleriot
file
emelfm

If I choose file, the below will be removed:

file
emelfm

If I choose emelfm, only emelfm will be removed.  Without being re-imported, file needs aisleriot.sce and emelfm.sce needs both file.sce and aisleriot.sce to be complete. 

Offline nitram

Re: jsce-remove -k option query
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 08:45:46 PM »
Thanks for the explanation and especially the example, will try to work more examples into the --help files to help others. The concepts aren't that difficult even for me to eventually understand, but an example goes a long way.

Actually what also helped a lot, when running  sce-import -d lxterminal  , for example, the first message is 'choose the SCE you want to use as a dependency of lxterminal'. That kind of threw me, BUT later after selecting dependency(s), the screen briefly flashes this before starting the import and scrolling off screen: 'the below (selected) SCEs in your SCE directory will be used as to provide dependencies for lxterminal'. For my brain 'to provide dependencies FOR lxterminal' were keywords, then it made sense.

Just completed a test, now i see the magic of incorporating a dependency, imported stand alone:
terminator 65mb
lxterminal 35mb

Running sce-import -d lxterminal and selecting 'terminator' as dependency, now lxterminal is only 192kb !

Also loading lxterminal now also obviously loads terminator, two terminals to choose from :)

Thanks again, everything works well.