Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

Firefox bug?

(1/2) > >>

thane:
Probably not worth a thread, since it's more likely a Firefox bug than a TC extension bug, but...

Firefox help/About Firefox says "Updates available at..." and then the Firefox website link. When you click on the link the website congratulates you for running the latest version of Firefox. Go figure...

nitram:
Most everything is worth a read. IIRC when Firefox was a repository extension instead of getFirefox, the extension maintainer disabled the update check in the build as it doesn't work in TC and would only confuse new users. I don't have an active Firefox installed ATM to test, but on another drive there's an older Firefox, in it's main directory is:
update-settings.ini
updater
updater.ini

Query whether removing these disables Firefox updater without breaking anything. Maybe could eventually be incorporated into coreplayer2's getFirefox script (or whatever now called).

coreplayer2:
Please be sure to use the latest " firefox_getLatest.tcz " extension

Yes it's a slight name change to resolve an issue with flwm

current firefox version is 43.0.1
current firefox ESR version is 38.5.2 (an update currently being submitted)

I have see the conflict you speak of when there is an update, it's internal to firefox and needs passing upstream.  However the glitch only lasted a couple of hours for me.   Additionally Firefox has recently made changes to the update notification.  IIRC the code change prevented the update popup notification which i believe no longer exists. 

It takes too long to update via the repository to accommodate every update, firefox_getLatest allow folks to download the very latest updates (or version of their choice) for their architecture as they occur in their native language if supported and set.   

:)

thane:
Yes, I used the latest firefox_getLatest.tcz (very useful app by the way) and downloaded Firefox 43.0.1. That's when I noticed the help issue. Since I used the same app for 43.0 and didn't see the issue, I'm assuming it's a Firefox thing rather than a TC thing.

coreplayer2:
LOL  Only a few hours passed before Firefox version 43.0.1 was outdated..

luckily firefox_getLatest.tcz is performing as expected, keeping us updated with the latest Firefox whenever it's needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version