WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Control Panel -> Mouse Tool and Terminal Server does not work  (Read 7427 times)

Offline nitram

Re: Control Panel -> Mouse Tool and Terminal Server does not work
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 08:47:44 AM »
Thanks Rich. New Years res, stop being lazy with commands :)

Booted dCore and TC6 back to back, yielded a few interesting things. Running  sudo umount -a  in TC6.4 doesn't break anything, terminal output indicated not permitted or similar for the loop mounted extensions. In dCore lots breaks so definitely some difference in how the systems are set up or extensions built and mounted. In TC6 Control Panel -> Terminal Server can be closed in the usual manner, no Ctrl-C required, i think it uses Aterm. In both systems Control Panel -> Services, toggling dhcp on/off appears broken, the 'light' does not stay on/off as one would expect and even when dhcp is apparently disabled there is no problem pinging in a terminal. Will report this as a TC Base bug. Thanks.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 01:38:37 PM »
Terminal Server window close issue fixed in latest update of Xprogs.  Also, an fltk utility called "Sce Tools" has replaced "Sce Import" in cpanel.   Update Xprogs or whatever SCE contains the package to test.

Offline nitram

[solved] Re: Control Panel -> Mouse Tool and Terminal Server does not work
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 03:38:02 PM »
Xprogs updated, new cpanel good, all items open, Terminal Server closes normally, new Sce Tools works.

Please mark thread solved - thanks.

Just being detail oriented, thoughts for future development:

- Inconsistent use of Sce and SCE. For example, Control Panel buttons are Sce *. open Sce Import and titlebar reads Import SCE Extensions. Since SCE is an anacronym, SCE likely preferred over Sce, also looks more macho :)

- Launching Sce Debpurge probably scary for new user. No startup prompt like the others, just starts searching and purging! Terminal then abruptly closes upon completion without termination message, like 'DEB purge completed'. Contrast to Sce Update for example, opens with 'Choose the SCE you want to check for updates', allows user opportunity to review or close terminal if decides not to update check.

- Might be nice to eventually have other buttons, like version checking, ondemand or onboot maintenance.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 04:29:31 PM »
Thanks, I will note the suggestions.

Especially since we are launching sce-import and sce-update now with a graphical button, I would like to put a pgrep check on sce-import and sce-update so they could not launch when one or the other is already running and instead print an error message and exit.  I did do some tests using a lock file and then pgrepping the proccess id in that file, but before adding complexity I want to see that the current RC is stable, and when it is we move to release.  And then new features can be added.