Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

Is GD troubleshoot akin to ImageMagic's one?

(1/1)

gabo:
GD.tcz depends on iconv.so, which I couldn't find out arround the repos.

Imagemagick, also facing a dependency resolution problem, meets a workaround by moving on to tinycore.tcz, for it has a broader set of base libs than microcore.tcz has.

Is there some expectations if applying the same solution in my case? Or else insert somehow the missing .so into the Microcore system.

Refered thread: http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=8977.0

Tks in advance.

bmarkus:
Which version on which architecture are you talking about?

andyj:
You'll need to get iconv.tcz from one of the earlier version TC repositories. I don't remember which one off the top of my head. It also has depenencies on the various X libraries, which seems like needless overhead for a headless web server, but I suppose I would have to rebuild it myself if I was really that concerned.

gabo:
Thku for the responses.

$ version
$ uname -r
3.16.6-tinycore

Boot parameters: mc home=sda1 opt=sda1

This is a VirtualBox running on a Windows 8, Intel Celeron CPU N2808 @1.58GHz 1.58GHz, 2.00GB RAM, 64 bits O.S., x64 processor

The need of GD lib arises when installing Drupal on top of apache2.tcz.
As far as the installation requirements checklist is concerned, GD is the last and only delpendency to complete. As I cannot load GD lib because of its own dependency on iconv.so, I fear to spend too much time and effort in getting it done to just after be in the beginin of a long journey with X server libs and other depencency problems.
Thats why I also evaluate a couple of alternatives like install a replacement of GD (Imagemagick) should it be easier to get workin and transparently substitute for GD to Drupal's eyes, or else to change from Microcore to Tinycore expecting its graphic capacity will make a straightforward way towards success with GD.

Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version