WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: wifi offline install?  (Read 1936 times)

Offline sixgunz

wifi offline install?
« on: December 09, 2015, 08:55:40 AM »
Hi.

What would be the best way to install wifi on either an A+ or Zero?  Obviously, they have no ethernet, so the images don't come preloaded with them  ;)

I'm assuming install wifi.tcz, <whichever firmware>.tcz from a USB stick, but are there any other deps or is wfi.tcz standalone?

Also, could someone remind me of the switches to load tcz from local?  I think it's -wi or something like that?

Cheers,

Glenn.

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
Re: wifi offline install?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 09:15:57 AM »
easiest would be to setup the SD card on a B/B+, and then move the card and wifi stick over to the A or zero.

The dependencies are listed in a separate file.  So for wifi.tcz, the dependencies are in wifi.tcz.dep    Dependencies are cascaded..... which is why I suggested the above.

tce-load -i extension.tcz   loads from local.    But in your case, you would just download all of the required extensions manually, then place wifi.tcz in the onboot.lst

Offline sixgunz

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 09:58:22 AM »
Hi Paul

Thanks for that.  Yep, that was what I was doing, just wondered if there was a better way.

What I might do is record the deps as they are downloaded and copy them to a new location.

Cheers.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 10:14:31 AM »
Hi sixgunz
The dependencies are listed in a separate file.  So for wifi.tcz, the dependencies are in wifi.tcz.dep    Dependencies are cascaded.....
If you get the  wifi.tcz.tree  file, all the dependencies are listed in it.