WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: minitube-2.5  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
minitube-2.5
« on: November 23, 2015, 03:24:58 AM »
I have put minitube-2.5 in the prebuilt repo.  It needs new deps which I have added to it's dep routine in dCore -  libqt5network5 libqt5script5 libphonon4qt5-4 libqt5sql5.  This version is new enough to only work with dCore-vivid and dCore-wily based on dependencies.  The app launches, but won't play video.  I am convinced it is simply missing a dep somewhere, and any help in tracking it down would be appreciated.  I have imported the gstreamer related packages that of relevence, the good, bad, ugly, and vlc plugins.   Even removing the phonon_gstreamer.so plugin as has been suggested in forums for this apparent issue.  We will have minitube-2.5 working, but your help can make it happen sooner. Thanks.

Offline jls

Re: minitube-2.5
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 06:54:56 AM »
Hi. Have you installed the libav gstreamer plugin?
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 10:25:26 AM »
It seems it may need gstreamer ffmpeg, but that package has been dropped by Ubuntu as of Trusty.  I may be wrong so I will leave the minitube-2.5 package available for folks to try as there may be another solution.  It has a larger list of deps than minitube 2.4 and I still may just be missing a package.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 06:54:05 PM »
Has nothing to do with gstreamer-ffmpeg.  it is now working on dCore-wily with the current startup script and dependency list.  It segfaults on dCore-vivid, though it's qt version is at 5.4 which should work.  Perhaps I will look more into it in the near future, but for now this package is up and available for dCore-wily.  One day I may build it the oldest version of dCore that has qt5 so it would be more widely available.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:55:43 PM by Jason W »

Offline netnomad

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 12:21:04 AM »
hi friends,

there are more and more video that cannot be displayed by 2.4 :-(

perhaps there is a chance to find a usable minitube-2.5-configuration?

in the past i had luck especially with the vlc-backend.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 04:09:28 AM »
I will see if I can build minitube on the oldest dCore that supports the qt5 version that the latest minitube requires.  Youtube I heard intentionally breaks third party players every so often, so it is a constant moving target for apps like minitube meaning only the latest versions will work.

It is not a matter of can I accomplish it, but rather available time resources.

Offline netnomad

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 07:29:30 AM »
hi friends,

i just want to remind you about this great program: minitube reached version 2.5.2.

everyone who does not know this ad-free youtube-client, should know what they miss!

thank you for all your ideas and contributions.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 12:06:46 PM »
Ok.  I did try to build minitube-2.5.2 on older x86 dCores, but the following did not have new enough qt5 libraries:  dCore-wheezy, dCore-trusty, dCore-jessie.  Minitube 2.5.2 built flawlessly on dCore-xenial, as well as the prebuilt version from the site runs perfectly.  The second issue with building it is it requires a personal Google API key that each user has to log into google and create, or the packager (me) has to create one, include it in the build, and that will reach it's quota fast unless the key is purchased.  Evidently the upstream built minitube already has an unlimited API key the author is apparently paying for.  That is at least how I understand it.  So most logical is to stick with upstream and folks wanting minitube need to run a newer dCore port. 

Updated in the repo to version 2.5.2.