WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Problems updating applicaton to FLTK 1.3  (Read 4601 times)

Offline nitram

Problems updating applicaton to FLTK 1.3
« on: November 17, 2015, 01:39:45 PM »
Been modifying mfm.tcz, bug fixes and new features, renamed it MFMR. With some effort was able to get it to compile with fltk-1.3-dev, ensured no FLTK 1.1 loaded. Code works fine in it's native FLTK 1.1.

Although compile completed, issues, see screenshots. Helper GUIs like MFMR FIND and MFMR CONFIGURE display and function well. The main MFMR file manager window is, however, broken. The file table does not display files and directories properly, nor are they selectable, basically broken. See attached screens. Any ideas?

Offline nitram

Re: Problems updating applicaton to FLTK 1.3
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 05:40:13 PM »
Some progress, recompiled with Makefile's LARGEFILE option:
In main window, if you don\'t see filelist, please uncomment LARGEFILE option
and recompile program with \"make clean\; make\".

Code: [Select]
LARGEFLAG     = -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

Now files and directories show okay but program very glitchy. Renaming files, for example, causes major redraw issue, need to close/reopen MFMR. Select and open file with default editor link breaks keyboard shortcut (eg Ctrl-v doesn't copy, cuts).

Then used fluid from FLTK 1.3 to recompile all 9 main and helper GUIs, uneventful. Oopsy, should have done this beforehand.

Now tried to recompile entire program again using FLTK 1.3. Previously compiled without errors but now won't recompile again, fresh batch of errors :(

Linking mfmr...
mfm_main_ui_fluid.o: In function `class_mfm_window_fluid::class_mfm_window_fluid                                                                                                            ()':
/tmp/mfm_rev286/mfm_main_ui_fluid.cxx:994: undefined reference to `vtable for cl                                                                                                            ass_mfm_window_fluid'
mfm_main_ui.o: In function `class_mfm_window::~class_mfm_window()':
/tmp/mfm_rev286/mfm_main_ui.hxx:54: undefined reference to `class_mfm_window_flu                                                                                                            id::~class_mfm_window_fluid()'

Seems upgrading to newer FLTK 1.3 fluid has also caused some issues. Not sure how to resolve, will keep digging. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Offline nitram

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 10:05:29 PM »
No success, life too short. Hoping it would be easy to update application to the latest FLTK/Fluid, far too complex. FLTK 1.3 is a different beast, lots of code changes appear required and i don't presently have the skills. For example, recompiling mfm_main_ui.fluid.fl radically changed mfm_main_ui_fluid.cxx with similar big changes to the header file. No longer able to successfully link, only with code alterations which caused instability and breakage. Maybe if it was a simpler application and i had more skills. Came across this link some may find interesting, FLTK 1.3 still the go to version: http://www.fltk.org/articles.php?L825

Offline nimday

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 01:24:14 PM »
Maybe you can share this new mfmr code.

Offline nitram

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 02:58:21 PM »
Hi nimday.

Did you want to test mfmr.tcz?
...or do you want the source code to upgrade to FLTK 1.3?

Offline nimday

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 03:36:40 PM »
Hi nimday.

Did you want to test mfmr.tcz?
...or do you want the source code to upgrade to FLTK 1.3?

Both if you don't mind :)

Offline nitram

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 04:08:30 PM »
Okay sounds good. Haven't looked at MFMR for a while. Will PM everything to you in a few days after cleaning up the code. Thanks for your interest.

Offline nitram

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 05:16:11 AM »
Hi nimday. Download link sent via PM, includes source code, compile notes and mfmr.tcz. Thanks for your interest.

Offline dentonlt

• the trombone analog
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 02:37:28 AM »
Hi, gents -

Whatever became of this port/project? I'm on 7.x now, and would be interested to see a 1.3.x edition. I have little free time to offer, but will chuck in what aid I can if/where needed.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Offline nitram

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 01:19:36 AM »
Hi dentonlt. Never did get my My File Manager Re-Imagined updated to FLTK 1.3 and never heard whether nimday had success. The extension, build-dep file and source code  was submitted to TC6 a few days ago. It's named  mfmr.tcz  and should be available in the x86 repository within 1-2 weeks. Feel free to give it a go or let me know if you want download links. It compiles fine in FLTK 1.1, just not 1.3 despite modification attempts. Thanks.

Offline nimday

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 11:14:02 AM »
I'm sorry didn't inform you,still there are some issues with fltk 1.3
The attribute dialog if i close it (x) no issue, but if i click exit i can't see the column from main window(overlap?) and after that sometimes i must kill it to close.

CMIIW this is the code
mfm_attrib_ui.cxx
void class_mfm_attrib::mfm_attrib_exit_callback() {

delete mfm_attrib;

mfm_attrib = NULL;

} // mfm_attrib_exit_callback

I'm not sure the problem is the delete code since that is the only one within the file and my skill also limited.

Offline nitram

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 05:12:04 PM »
Hi nimday. If you've successfully recompiled with FLTK 1.3 and this is your only problem then you're doing well. Feel free to temporarily disable or delete code as needed. Sorry. long since deleted old compile notes but don't recall issues closing attributes. To me this code looks okay, not sure why it's problematic. Sorry not much help. You're welcome to PM me your notes or any modified code and i can give it another attempt too.

Offline dentonlt

• the trombone analog
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 09:52:38 PM »
Thanks for that, nitram. I'll check/watch the repo, and will drop a note if I start some work on this.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Offline nitram

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 03:00:35 AM »
Hi dentonlt. The extension and source should be in TC6 x86 repo now, maybe TC7 too. Spent a few hours on this again and still no success. Changing applicable code to be FLTK 1.3 friendly and hacking the fluid .cxx files results in a successful FLTK 1.3 compile but strange graphic glitch (file table overlaps upper menubars).

Primary reason for FLTK 1.3 port was to ease compiling when learning C++ and adding features - got tired of booting into text mode for re-compiles as TC6 uses FLTK 1.3. IMO FLTK 1.3 doesn't add much for this application, just the compiling issue. Guess i could create a TC4 install to work on the file manager.