WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Tiny Core WIth CItrix Receiver  (Read 2907 times)

Offline balok

Tiny Core WIth CItrix Receiver
« on: November 17, 2015, 06:18:33 AM »
Hi guys,
  It's my first time with Linux Tiny Core. :-) I would use it for launch Citrix Receiver.
I install Tiny COre and for install Citrix Receiver I follow this istructions
http://jackiechen.org/2012/03/07/diy-citrix-receiver-thin-client/

My problem is I don't find file wfcmgr.bin.. Where is it? :-( I have last version of Tiny Core and Citrix Receiver I downloaded it last week).

PS: i follow the istructions on the link (without use wfcmgr) and after the system, when I reboot, go immediately in shutdown.. What's it wrong?

Thank you in advance for your support!

Offline Misalf

Re: Tiny Core WIth CItrix Receiver
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 07:29:32 AM »
The tutorial instructs to install  gtk-vnc.tcz  which is not available in the 6.x repo but in the 4.x repo.

wfcmgr.bin  seems to be the main executable, started from  ~/.X.d/launch_ica (which doesn't need to me made executable, btw). The command right after that one is  sudo poweroff  so no wonder it shuts down immediately after boot since you don't have  wfcmgr.bin  anywhere.

wfcmgr.bin  might have been removed from Citrix Receiver or was renamed.
The link from the tutorial to download Citrix Receiver is not valid so no way to know what version the creator of the tutorial used.

I'd suggest you search for another, more up to date tutorial, and better yet, first try to get familiar with Tiny Core in general.
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline fbifido

Re: Tiny Core WIth CItrix Receiver
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 10:24:44 AM »
any update on getting updated citrix receiver working on updated tinycore ?

Thanks.