I've tried the following  but get

tce-load -wi openssh.tcz
tce-load -wi compiletc.tcz
wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/open-vm-tools/files/latest/download
mv download vm.tar.gz
tar xvzf vm.tar.gz
cd open-vm-tools-10.0.0-3000743

limeblack:
I've tried the following but there is no executable that I can find after installing

tce-load -iw git && git clone https://github.com/lapawa/tc5-open-vm-tools.git && cd tc5-open-vm-tools && ./prepare-tcl-to-build.sh && sudo ./build-and-install.sh

andyj:
I made open-vm-tools by hand. Someday I'll document the process again. It's 796k and needs lots of libraries. It's too big to attach so I'll have to upload it later. If you want to try it yourself here are some hints. Create extensions for libdnet and libmspack. Along with the usual -dev libraries you'll need the procps-ng extension. Do: export RPCGEN=$(readlink -f $(which rpcgen)) and export RPCGENFLAGS="-Y $(dirname $(which cpp))" in the shell before aclocal, automake, autoconf, ./configure --without-icu --without-xerces --without-xmlsecurity --without-pam. The wiki is mostly right after this. Put these in the dep file:

Xorg-7.7-3d.tcz
graphics-KERNEL.tcz
xf86-video-vmware.tcz
xf86-input-vmmouse.tcz
gtk2mm.tcz

Make sure all the dependencies are downloaded before you try to load it. Replace aterm with lxterminal. You'll see why.
Time sync, cut/paste to/from host/vm, host shared folders, resizing of vm window (move xbar to upper left), mouse in/out grab/ungrab work.

Good luck.

Rich:
Hi andyj

--- Quote ---It's 796k and needs lots of libraries. It's too big to attach so I'll have to upload it later.
--- End quote ---
Posting of binaries is not allowed.

andyj:
My extension will have to be cleaned up a little before I submit it. I need to find all the files that I need to go along with submitting it because I don't want to have to re-write all of them again. Also, this thread seems to be a cross-post from the virtual machines forum. I replied here because I came across this one first, but the other one is a new reply to an old thread and should be redirected or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version