Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Tips & Tricks

Swap Func & media keys

(1/1)

Scampada:
Strange, the "Search" page doesn't work, and Google didn't find relevant hits containing both "tiny core" and "remap function keys console".
I want to swap my function keys with media keys like this:

--- Quote ---0 = disabled : Disable the 'fn' key. Pressing 'fn'+'F8' will behave like you only press 'F8'
1 = fkeyslast : Function keys are used as last key. Pressing 'F8' key will act as a special key. Pressing 'fn'+'F8' will behave like a F8.
2 = fkeysfirst : Function keys are used as first key. Pressing 'F8' key will behave like a F8. Pressing 'fn'+'F8' will act as special key (play/pause).
--- End quote ---

I have to press Fn+F10 to press F5 and I want to do it without Fn. If I would want to press a 'Disable touchpad' media button, I would make use of Fn, I do that less frequently.
Common Linux advices I have read do say the following:

Use showkey to get the button codes like 1, 58 etc... but showkey shows something like <ESC>, <CTL-I=30> etc. I had to build it from source 'cause couldn't find it thru tce-ab.
Is there any closer to TC way to do that?

gerald_clark:
That sounds like something built into the processor of a non-standard keyboard.

Scampada:
You mean this is a module's job? Not the kmap's?

curaga:
Yes. The fn keys are either handled in hardware by the keyboard, or by a device-specific module, to which you can then pass a param like in your quote.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version