WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TC 6+ and Mono  (Read 5147 times)

Offline ryios

TC 6+ and Mono
« on: October 19, 2015, 08:31:07 PM »
Has anyone managed to get Mono To build on 6+ CorePlus?  Looking at the repo doesn't look like Mono has been uploaded since TC 3.x.

I'm prospecting server environments for the processing os for a custom camera system (Remote Controlled Machine) but whatever OS I pick has to be able to support Mono for .Net 4+, including libgdiplus.

I tried building it myself, but I'm pretty new to linux so it was daunting... I got as far as running autogen.sh on libgdiplus then getting a bunch of errors about LIBTOOL not being defined.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: TC 6+ and Mono
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 09:45:26 PM »
Hi ryios
Maybe you need to install  libtool,tcz  and possibly  libtool-dev.tcz.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 10:22:59 PM »
It changes from app to app, but most probably automake, libtool-dev, intltool and gettext-dev.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 02:01:20 AM »
..but the libgdiplus-3.12 source has a configure script, so you don't need autogen.sh anyway?

Offline ryios

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 03:57:26 PM »
..but the libgdiplus-3.12 source has a configure script, so you don't need autogen.sh anyway?

I read in the mono documentation that the tarbell should have a configure script, but it didn't.  So maybe I am not grabbing libgdiplus from the right place.  I am having trouble locating an official set of release libgdiplus tarbells.  I found the git source just fine, just can't locate tarbells on mono's sites for it.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 08:23:26 PM »

Offline ryios

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 08:14:33 AM »

Offline nim108

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 11:51:42 AM »
Sorry to bump a super old thread but I can't get this to work either ...

First off, I know there is an extension in the TC 8.x repo but we cannot use TC8 because it breaks intel graphics on older platforms (same goes for TC7). TC6 runs Xorg correctly on our hardware, albeit in software rendering mode. @bmarkus, if you can share your source for this tcz, I'd appreciate it so I know if you are patching anything or using different compilation options than me.

Anyway so I am using TC 6.4.1 to compile Mono. The only dependencies it requires seem to be gcc > 4.8 (needs to support C++11) and cmake > 2.8.10. I am loading compiletc autoconf libtool-dev automake gettext-dev cmake. Using ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ and make. The build will always fail on a file in mono utils here:

Code: [Select]
mono-context.c: In function 'mono_sigctx_to_monoctx':
mono-context.c:51:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'UCONTEXT_REG_EAX' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  mctx->eax = UCONTEXT_REG_EAX (ctx);
  ^
mono-context.c:51:2: warning: nested extern declaration of 'UCONTEXT_REG_EAX' [-Wnested-externs]
mono-context.c:52:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'UCONTEXT_REG_EBX' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  mctx->ebx = UCONTEXT_REG_EBX (ctx);
  ^
mono-context.c:52:2: warning: nested extern declaration of 'UCONTEXT_REG_EBX' [-Wnested-externs]
mono-context.c:53:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'UCONTEXT_REG_ECX' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  mctx->ecx = UCONTEXT_REG_ECX (ctx);
  ^
mono-context.c:53:2: warning: nested extern declaration of 'UCONTEXT_REG_ECX' [-Wnested-externs]
mono-context.c:54:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'UCONTEXT_REG_EDX' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  mctx->edx = UCONTEXT_REG_EDX (ctx);
  ^
mono-context.c:54:2: warning: nested extern declaration of 'UCONTEXT_REG_EDX' [-Wnested-externs]
mono-context.c:55:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'UCONTEXT_REG_EBP' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  mctx->ebp = UCONTEXT_REG_EBP (ctx);
  ^
mono-context.c:55:2: warning: nested extern declaration of 'UCONTEXT_REG_EBP' [-Wnested-externs]
mono-context.c:56:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'UCONTEXT_REG_ESP' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  mctx->esp = UCONTEXT_REG_ESP (ctx);
  ^
mono-context.c:56:2: warning: nested extern declaration of 'UCONTEXT_REG_ESP' [-Wnested-externs]
mono-context.c:57:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'UCONTEXT_REG_ESI' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  mctx->esi = UCONTEXT_REG_ESI (ctx);
  ^
mono-context.c:57:2: warning: nested extern declaration of 'UCONTEXT_REG_ESI' [-Wnested-externs]
mono-context.c:58:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'UCONTEXT_REG_EDI' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  mctx->edi = UCONTEXT_REG_EDI (ctx);
  ^
mono-context.c:58:2: warning: nested extern declaration of 'UCONTEXT_REG_EDI' [-Wnested-externs]
mono-context.c:59:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'UCONTEXT_REG_EIP' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  mctx->eip = UCONTEXT_REG_EIP (ctx);
  ^
mono-context.c:59:2: warning: nested extern declaration of 'UCONTEXT_REG_EIP' [-Wnested-externs]
mono-context.c: In function 'mono_monoctx_to_sigctx':
mono-context.c:95:25: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
  UCONTEXT_REG_EAX (ctx) = mctx->eax;
                         ^
mono-context.c:96:25: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
  UCONTEXT_REG_EBX (ctx) = mctx->ebx;
                         ^
mono-context.c:97:25: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
  UCONTEXT_REG_ECX (ctx) = mctx->ecx;
                         ^
mono-context.c:98:25: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
  UCONTEXT_REG_EDX (ctx) = mctx->edx;
                         ^
mono-context.c:99:25: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
  UCONTEXT_REG_EBP (ctx) = mctx->ebp;
                         ^
mono-context.c:100:25: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
  UCONTEXT_REG_ESP (ctx) = mctx->esp;
                         ^
mono-context.c:101:25: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
  UCONTEXT_REG_ESI (ctx) = mctx->esi;
                         ^
mono-context.c:102:25: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
  UCONTEXT_REG_EDI (ctx) = mctx->edi;
                         ^
mono-context.c:103:25: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
  UCONTEXT_REG_EIP (ctx) = mctx->eip;

cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
Makefile:760: recipe for target 'mono-context.lo' failed
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tc/build/mono-3.12.1/mono/utils'
make[4]: *** [mono-context.lo] Error 1
Makefile:625: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/tc/build/mono-3.12.1/mono/utils'
Makefile:434: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/tc/build/mono-3.12.1/mono'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Makefile:518: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/tc/build/mono-3.12.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Makefile:445: recipe for target 'all' failed

Any ideas? This is a run of mono 3.12.1, but I've also tried mono-4.4.2.11 (the one that is in the TC8 repo), mono-4.8.1.0, and mono-5.4.0.201 and they produce the same error. I build other packages just fine in this same environment.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:58:12 PM by Juanito »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 01:11:21 PM »
Hi nim108
There is a build script here:
http://tinycorelinux.net/7.x/x86/tcz/src/mono/
Maybe it will be of some help?

Offline nim108

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 02:44:17 PM »
Hmm good find Rich, thanks, I didn't see the build script for 8.x. Let me try to build using these flags.

Unfortunately, I think the error may be due to the older GCC version + older kernel headers in general.

Offline nim108

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 04:09:27 PM »
Nop no luck, tried to suppress the errors and still nothing. I'm not sure TC6 can compile this.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:12:52 PM by nim108 »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 10:56:48 PM »
Hi nim108
I went to:
and downloaded the tarball and the build file into a directory. I made the build script executable and added an  exit  statement
after the  make -j1  line since I didn't want to install anything. I'm still running TC4 and mono compiled with no errors.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 12:35:08 AM »
You could use TC8 and force software rendering? If the issue is with xf86-video-intel, use xf86-video-vesa or modesetting, if with the KMS in graphics-, don't load graphics- (or blacklist the i915 module) and use xf86-video-vesa.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline nim108

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 06:40:09 AM »
Hi nim108
I went to:
and downloaded the tarball and the build file into a directory. I made the build script executable and added an  exit  statement
after the  make -j1  line since I didn't want to install anything. I'm still running TC4 and mono compiled with no errors.
Hmm, let me try with this tarball then ... I downloaded the same version from their website. My build environment is a little different as I am building in a Docker environment (https://hub.docker.com/r/tatsushid/tinycore/) but everything else compiles just fine for me.

Offline nim108

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2017, 06:41:22 AM »
You could use TC8 and force software rendering? If the issue is with xf86-video-intel, use xf86-video-vesa or modesetting, if with the KMS in graphics-, don't load graphics- (or blacklist the i915 module) and use xf86-video-vesa.
I don't believe vesa supports OpenGL does it? We are running a Qt app within TC6 currently and although it runs very slow on the target in software rendered mode, at least it works. We cannot get any graphics environment to work in TC7 or TC8 but I guess we can try forcing software render mode.