WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: brasero  (Read 4807 times)

Offline alexo

brasero
« on: October 16, 2015, 10:37:42 AM »
Hello,
I've installed brasero but is I launch it the only thing it happens is the cd icon in the wbar and nothing more.

if I launch the program in the terminal what I get is:

Code: [Select]
(brasero:9548): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkSettings:gtk-menu-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(brasero:9548): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkSettings:gtk-button-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(brasero:9548): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkButton:use-stock is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(brasero:9548): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_preferred_width: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(brasero:9548): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(brasero:9548): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_preferred_width: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(brasero:9548): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_preferred_height_for_width: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(brasero:9548): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_preferred_height_for_width: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(brasero:9548): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(brasero:9548): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_widget_get_preferred_size_and_baseline: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
Segmentation fault

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: brasero
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 10:56:10 AM »
Which version of tinycore and which architecture?

Offline nitram

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 11:05:18 AM »
Heavy application. Just tested and can confirm it's not working as advertised on TC6 x86:
Code: [Select]
tc@box:~$ brasero

(brasero:8239): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkSettings:gtk-menu-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(brasero:8239): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkSettings:gtk-button-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
Illegal instruction
Dont' have time to play wih it further at the moment. The info file indicates there are numerous optional dependencies. If you have time alexo, may want to load those also then retest.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 12:09:13 PM »
Illegal instruction is different from a segfault - the instruction one means your cpu is too old for the program.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline nitram

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 12:21:21 PM »
Oops! Thanks for that information curaga. Sorry alexo can't help with further testing.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 11:16:34 PM »
updated brasero posted

Offline alexo

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 04:34:49 AM »
TC version 6.4
architecture x86

if you want me to post some other system info, just ask.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 04:37:24 AM »
Did you try the updated brasero extension?

Offline alexo

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 05:15:47 AM »
I have probably found the problem.
I run TC on a 2.0GB USB pen drive.
The message segmentation fault could mean there's not enough space or memory on the drive, or there is not enough phisical RAM
on my system.

What do you tink?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 05:18:52 AM »
I think you should try the updated brasero extension and see if that works.

Use the apps gui "check for upgrades" function, select brasero, OK and reboot to do this.

Offline alexo

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 05:50:47 AM »
There are no available updates for brasero.
Meanwhile I switched from Xvesa to Xorg/7.7 and now brasero starts correctly.

Do you think Xvesa could be the problem?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2015, 06:07:57 AM »
I just tried the updated brasero with Xvesa and it works fine.

Maybe the update didn't reach the mirror you use?

Offline alexo

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 02:09:18 AM »
It happens a strange thing:
I'm trying many packages to fit the distro to my needs and installing/removing packages mess the sistem up. Before Xorg, brasero wouldn't start. Switching to Xorg fixed the problem, but I had a very slow page scrolling in documents reading, in firefox or windows resizing, and turned back to Xvesa. Brasero continued to work thereafter.
Maybe is not a bug but just my hands that do bad :)
anyway thanks for reading me.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 02:16:15 AM »
Maybe you need to use the apps gui to check your dep files?

The usual reason that something will not start with Xvesa, but will start with Xorg-7.7 is that the Xorg-7.7-lib extension is not loaded.

In the case of brasero, the Xorg-7.7-lib extension is a recursive dep of gtk3, so it should be loaded.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 02:18:06 AM »
I'm trying many packages to fit the distro to my needs and installing/removing packages mess the sistem up

Are you using the apps gui to manage extensions and rebooting after you make changes?