WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: new Firefox extensions  (Read 18159 times)

Offline pq5190362

Re: new Firefox extensions
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 11:26:19 AM »
I have found the schedule of TC submissions occurs every two weeks, another reason I'm happy with firefox_getLatest extension.

Hmm, maybe you could create a firefox_getLatestESR extension which does the same as firefox_getLatest but gives you the latest ESR version instead of the latest standard release version?

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 03:06:13 PM »
It's possible to use firefox_getLatest extension which has that option using the manual mode of operation, simply have to specify;

Start manual mode from the terminal with
Code: [Select]
firefox_getLatest.sh -m
Then when prompted:
45.0esr
But I hear you, a dedicated updater might be simpler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 03:08:44 PM by coreplayer2 »

Offline pq5190362

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 11:43:55 PM »
But I hear you, a dedicated updater might be simpler

Yes, a dedicated one would definitely be better and would also mean less work for you, since you would no longer have to maintain the firefox-ESR.tcz each time there is a new ESR release :).

So, I would suggest to remove firefox-ESR.tcz and replace it with a dedicated firefox_getLatestESR.tcz.

Offline pq5190362

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 12:09:59 PM »
@coreplayer2:

firefox_getLatest.tcz does no longer seem to work when running it from within Tiny Core Linux 5.x.

Is that to be expected?

Under 7.x it works, but not under 5.x.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2016, 12:42:26 PM »
Hi,  I think this has been asked before.

AFAIK submitted extensions only update their older versions within the current tinycore repository.   

There are enough architecture variables within the latest version to test for, I keep only the most current and prior versions available for testing.  However, folks can attempt to run the latest getFirefox extension and required deps in an older installation. 

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 12:54:27 AM »
firefox_getLatest extension is still reliably creating firefox extensions thankfully throughout many updates.
Currently running at version 50.1.0

Latest firefox-ESR has been submitted for those who simply want to download a current firefox extension.
Latest ESR versin is currently 45.6.0

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 08:18:06 PM »
Re: TC-8.x It turns out that ca-certificates extension is needed for curl and wget, so it's added to the firefox_getLatest.sh script.

firefox_getLatest Extension updated and submitted

Also; latest script is attached

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 12:52:53 AM »
I'm not sure how this happened, but TC-8 x86_64's copy of firefox-ESR was an old version.  This created a little confusion, but now that we figured that out the GTK2/3 update is no longer an issue.

firefox-ESR extensions updated to version 52.1.2-ESR and submitted to both TC-8 x86 & x86_64 repo's

Additionally I'm glad we figured out the changes with ca-certificates as that too caused some issues with curl in the firefox_getLatest extension in both TC-8 x86 & x86_64 repo's.

Anyhow, all fixed and updates submitted..
:)

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 12:07:09 AM »
To avoid issues downloading the latest firefox version 54.0 be sure to first use APPS > update to get the latest extension. 

Offline pq5190362

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2017, 05:07:30 PM »
How does one instruct firefox_getLatest to install the 64-bit version of Firefox instead of installing the 32-bit version?

Oh, and, couldn't it also be used to install Thunderbird?

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 07:54:33 PM »
How does one instruct firefox_getLatest to install the 64-bit version of Firefox instead of installing the 32-bit version?
I'm sorry I'm having a hard time figuring out where you're going with that....
Because in corepure64 the 64bit version is automatically chosen when the script is run.  The only choices you have are in selection of language and one of the many versions.

Additionally, it's not possible to download or run the 32bit version in 64bit architecture.   Likewise, it's not possible to run Firefox 64bit version in a 32bit architecture (by that I mean user space eg: Core64)

Oh, and, couldn't it also be used to install Thunderbird?
The Thunderbird email client?  I think it would be better to create a new extension,  Is Thunderbird updated that often to require a Thunderbird_getlatest type installer, rather than compile and submit???
It might also be better for someone who uses the email client to compile and submit rather than someone like me who uses web based email.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 10:20:23 AM »
firefox_getLatest extension has been updated to function with latest busybox and is available in x86 and x86_64 repo's

However, I found that libzstd.tcz was missing from my corepure64 squashfs-tools.tcz dep list (for whatever reason), but after
tce-audit updatedeps
tce-audit fetchmissing
resolved squashfs-tools.tcz not loading with both firefox_getLatest and getFlash extensions

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:29:01 AM by coreplayer2 »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 10:43:20 PM »
squashfs-tools was updated recently to give different compression options - the tce extension default remains zlib

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2017, 10:56:16 PM »
Thanks Juanito, I had come to that conclusion but wanted to advise folks to simply update their squashfs-tools extension and deps if firefox_getLatest  failed to create a Firefox extension.. 

8)