WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: What manages /etc/passwd?  (Read 6022 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: What manages /etc/passwd?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 04:14:47 AM »
I am still looking into this.  It seems that busybox adduser also does not add the user on boot just as the full version of adduser does not.  Where the same command once booted works. 

Offline pjz

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 01:04:59 PM »
Is there a way to pull log files out of sce-load?  Maybe turn on -x to at least see the error?

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 03:42:03 PM »
I am still at a loss as to why this one package does not add a user like others are able to with the same routine.

I am working on sce-load (tce-setup during boot) to recognize the "debug" boot command line option.  There is the -d option in sce-load, but that is not good for boot as a backed up /etc/sysconfig/sceconfig is not restored until after the exntensions are loaded.

Offline pjz

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 06:52:05 AM »
If you want to verify it's a general problem and not particular to transmission-daemon, some other packages fail for me similarly: minidlna (though it can be worked around by changing the 'run as user' setting in /etc/defaults/minidlna) and (I think) rygel.

You said you put in custom adduser/addgroup for openssh - if you get a generic solution working, that would be removable, so something else to potentially test with.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2015, 09:05:33 AM »
Ok, sceconfig in tcedir makes sense. 

Uploaded new release candidate with debug option at the boot command line.   It does not  specifically point out what is happening with transmisison-daemon and adduser.  All other packages that have busybox adduser works right during boot, just transmission does not.

I will look into minidina.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2015, 12:15:26 PM »
On further thougnt of sceconfig being in tcedir, that makes it difficult to ship a default file, without using scripting or similar to copy it over.  So I would rather leave it in /etc/sysconfig.  However, I will add it by default in /opt/.filetool.lst.

Offline jls

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 02:00:20 AM »
Hi
I'm trying the "debug" boot code and the system hangs on "pulseaudio" while processing all the packages in alphabetic order.
Removing pulseaudio-module-x11 makes dCore continue without hanging.
Made a lonely pulseaudio-module-x11 sce without deps and booting, having only it in sceboot makes the system hang with the "debug" boot code.
Made a basenopulse sce the system boots with debug and I can now see the sce.log which is attached to this post.

Another thing:
I wanted to see if connmand was started, so I typed ps but:
with "norestore" boot option ps doesn't show me all the running processes, I have to type ps -fe, while without "norestore" I can see all the processes just typing ps.
Even sce.log reports that connman is started I don't see it as a running process.
Thanks
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 04:07:04 AM »
I forgot to mention to use "sce-update -a" before testing the debug option as I fixed pulseaudio before making the release candidate cut.

What we are seeing with ps seems to be Busybox ps - full output with just the ps command - and the standard version of ps.  I have noticed this on my box for a while and will try the norestore option and see if I can find what is happening.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 04:21:52 AM »
Using norestore did not make a difference here, but just using the "ps" command does not show all running processes in a Ubuntu hard drive install, it is just the standard ps behavior.

Offline pjz

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2015, 06:29:52 PM »
Any progress on the user-creation-at-startup issue?

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2015, 06:52:10 PM »
Please explain, we are dealing with startup scripts that are built in to the packages. 

Offline pjz

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 07:28:18 AM »
You'd said:

>I am still at a loss as to why this one package does not add a user like others are able to with the same routine.

And I was wondering if you'd made progress on that issue yet, is all.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 08:19:37 AM »
Ok, I see.  No, no progress, now focusing on recovering from the server outage.