WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: connman not autoconnecting unless launched in bootlocal  (Read 1850 times)

Offline jls

connman not autoconnecting unless launched in bootlocal
« on: November 18, 2015, 02:42:54 AM »
Hi
if connman is launched in bootlocal.sh it auto connects to the wifi network, otherwise I've to manually enable the wifi  in the enlightenment connman module.

PS. in bootlocal I've to kill connmand before launching it again
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: connman not autoconnecting unless launched in bootlocal
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 06:59:04 AM »
Ok, deb2sce startup script is not really the right place to launch services, bootlocal.sh is, that's how I have always done it in my machines.  I will remove it from connman.deb2sce.  I think /etc/init.d scripts are how services should be launched and I like to leave that control up to the user.  Other distros have tools that allow you to pick which services you want started on boot.  It would be simple to have a select menu utility that allows choosing which services you want started on boot based on what is installed which could be preserved with a backup.    Once the current bugs and other issues are resolved I will look into it.

I don't use connman or enlightenment so I have no idea what is happening.  What is the command or action that enables the wifi in the connman module?  That may help me find why it is not working when launched by the startup script.  Since other things don't work during boot but do after it may help point out what may be happening. 

Offline jls

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 11:57:33 AM »
To enable the wifi just click on the connection manager icon and then on the wifi box. I cannot post screenshots since I'm typying this from my phone on the tramway
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 12:45:33 PM »
Ok.

Offline jls

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 02:07:02 AM »
screenshot attached
dCore user