WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Static paths for released files?  (Read 1474 times)

Offline qopit

Static paths for released files?
« on: September 02, 2015, 09:13:31 PM »
I'm trying to make a build script with fixed path to Core binaries and am running into some issues.  For example, from what I can see, the current (6.3) rootfs.gz file for x86_64 is located here:

http://tinycorelinux.net/6.x/x86_64/release/distribution_files/rootfs64.gz

This is great and it is nice to have a url that will always have the latest file for 6.x.  However, if I want to pin a build script at the 6.3 file paths, I don't see an alternate path for that.  The archive dir doesn't have the current minor tick, just previous ones (up to 6.2 at this moment):

Also, when I considered pinning at 6.2 I noticed that the 6.2 archive doesn't have the matching kernel file (vmlinuz64):

http://tinycorelinux.net/6.x/x86_64/archive/6.2/distribution_files/

Is there some other way/location to get pinned versions?  I expect this is simply a case of nobody wanting/needing this before (and the archives not being structured to match), but I figure it is worth asking.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Static paths for released files?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 10:43:16 PM »
Hi qopit
Also, when I considered pinning at 6.2 I noticed that the 6.2 archive doesn't have the matching kernel file (vmlinuz64):
Usually once the kernel is compiled for a TCx release it does not get changed. As far as I know, only TC4 had a kernel recompile
after the initial release.
It might make more sense to have your script download and mount the desired version of the ISO file and pull what you need
from there.

Offline qopit

Re: Static paths for released files?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 08:45:09 AM »
Thanks, Rich.  I had not considered the iso mounting idea... it's a good one.