WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Sce-update generates twice dep list  (Read 1759 times)

Offline jls

Sce-update generates twice dep list
« on: August 14, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »
Hi. It seems to me that if an sce has got updates the deps are checked twice. One to see if there are updates and then during the reimport. The dep list could be saved during the update check and then used during the reimport
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Sce-update generates twice dep list
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 05:27:55 AM »
It is not simply a dep list, but the /tmp/work directory which has the package names inside each file.  And to keep that directory instead of recreating it on the import we would have to remove the -a option to check all and just check one SCE instead.

Offline jls

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 05:45:52 AM »
Hi. About -a what about updating the sce immediatly instead at the end? In this way maybe the work dir contains only an sce at time and also since now the update check takes a lot of time if many sce are present if i stop the update at least some extensions are updated. Also checking only one sce with deps check the bottom one first an immediatly update it. Thanks
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 05:58:39 AM »
Ok, I will look into that.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 06:13:40 PM »
One thought I have on this is to have sce-import import an SCE that does not exist, or check for updates for one that does in the SCE dir or the SCE/update dir.  That is, only re-import if there are updates, which makes sense as opposeed to re-importing an SCE that needs no updates.  And then sce-update simply runs sce-import on each existing SCE.  I will ponder this.

Offline jls

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 02:04:05 AM »
Hi. Sorry but I don't understand
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 05:56:10 AM »
In other words, if you are importing iceweasel, and there is an existing iceseasel.sce in the SCE or SCE/update directoty, sce-import would check if there are any available updates for it and then re-import if there are.  And it not, it would not re-import when there is no need to and the existing iceweasel.sce is up to date.