WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: where do i go from here?  (Read 1440 times)

Offline jim williams

where do i go from here?
« on: August 24, 2015, 03:18:54 PM »
New to forum,new to linux (Using an old Dell /dim/3000,win.Vista/pro) and need all the help i can get to get away from Windows!!

I have downloaded Tiny core current iso,burnt boot disc and it boots showing ''COREemblam"the seven  start :-Exit,Editor,Control,Appliances,Run program,Mount tool,andTerminal, Now i desperately need details and screen shots showing how to proceed. I am 90 next Feb,but still capable of following basic information so any help will be gratefully received !!!
                                                                                                                    Regards to all
                                                                                                                                Jim

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: where do i go from here?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 03:32:38 PM »
Please read the book linked to on the top of the home page.

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 07:00:19 PM »
Hi jim williams
... Exit,Editor,Control,Appliances, ...
I think that should be Apps or Applications which is what you use to install web browsers, music players, spreadsheet programs, or
whatever else you need.
The Tinycore book is a very fast and informative read and well worth your time. It can be found by clicking Welcome at the top of
the forum page then Book at the top of the website page.

Offline core-user

• Linux since 1999
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 01:46:32 AM »
http://tinycorelinux.net/corebook.pdf

Edit: First thing to do is set up your internet connection, then you can use the web browser, (& the 'Apps' program to install any other programs you want).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:50:48 AM by core-user »
AMD, ARM, & Intel.