WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Icons Missing Using Fluxbox  (Read 3146 times)

Offline 3guesses

Icons Missing Using Fluxbox
« on: August 21, 2015, 03:46:33 PM »
In another thread (http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,18734.msg114757.html#msg114757) I reported some strange goings on with the wBar after installing fluxbox:

Slight problem: I have installed fluxbox and now I have strange goings on with the TC Wbar.  I have Firefox to run on boot, and when I launch it from the Wbar the WiFi icon/app disappears from the Wbar and a second Firefox icon/app takes its place.  If I open tcWbarConf and click Apply, The Wifi icon/app reappears but then disappears again as soon as I close tc-wbarconf... Very strange!  Any thoughts?

and

I had previously downloaded firefox.tcz and then added it to onboot.  As such, the last 3 icons on my TC Wbar are firefox, TC_Install and Wifi.  When I click on the "firefox" icon, Firefox opens, the Wifi icon disappears and a "Mozilla Firefox" icon appears in its place.  Interestingly, this doesn't happen if I haven't made a Wifi connection.  (Aside: should the Wifi icon change once I have connected?  Mine always stays the same with the red "pulse" lines.)  Also, if I click on the "Mozilla Firefox" icon it takes focus back to the running instance of Firefox, whereas if I click on the "firefox" icon again it starts a new instance/window of Firefox which then gobbles up the "TC_Install" icon...  If I the close down this second instance/window, the "firefox" together with one of the "Mozilla Firefox" icons then disappear from the TC Wbar!  If I then close the first instance of Firefox, I lose the "Mozilla Firefox" and another icon (ezremaster?) from TC Wbar.

I have checked that I have no OnDemand entries nor any duplicate entries in /usr/local/tce.icons

The problem originally raised its head when using package firefox.tcz with package fluxbox.tcz.  However, having removed firefox.tcz from onboot and downloaded firefox-official.tcz for onboot, this is still an issue (after rebooting).  In fact, having downloaded a number of packages set to onboot, this seems to be a general problem with any application added to wBar.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: Icons Missing Using Fluxbox
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 07:25:20 PM »
Have you run tc-wbarconf?
Do you have anything in .xwbar.lst in your tce directory?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 01:49:51 AM »
Which version of tinycore are you using?

A small adjustment was made to wbar in tc-6.x to cure some icon problems.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 08:45:44 AM »
Does the problem only appear with fluxbox?
What if you use flwm_topside or icewm?  Does the wbar problem persist?