WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: b43 Driver: Read-only filesystem?  (Read 2234 times)

Offline nARMstrong20

b43 Driver: Read-only filesystem?
« on: August 13, 2015, 09:34:45 PM »
Hi all!

I've installed CorePlus 6.3 on my netbook, and I've been pulling out my hair trying to get wireless to work. Using the pre-loaded b43-fwcutter extension, I cd'd the "driver" folder containing the wl_prebuilt.o file (/broadcom.../driver/wl_apsta), and ran the command "sudo b43-fwcutter -w /usr/local/lib/firmware wl_prebuilt.o". I used Tab to autocomplete so hopefully no errors there. Unfortunately b43-fwcutter only extracts a few files before returning that it is a read-only file system. BTW I have a BCM4315 chip, so it is b43-fwcutter that does the job. I've run this command before on Linux Mint/Ubuntu/Bodhi/what-have-you successfully, so I'm not sure what's going on here. If anybody has any ideas, that would be great. Thanks!

PS. WIll copy-paste terminal output as soon as I get Ethernet on TinyCore

Offline Misalf

Re: b43 Driver: Read-only filesystem?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 03:08:47 AM »
I have a BCM4312 and I'm able to use it with  wl-modules-3.16.6-tinycore.tcz  (plus blacklisting bcma, ssb and b43).

I don't see your model listed in the .info file though.
Have you tryed  firmware-broadcom_bcm43xx.tcz ?

Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline nARMstrong20

Re: b43 Driver: Read-only filesystem?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 11:25:59 AM »
Huh, well this is weird.

I've done the blacklisting before to no avail, but thought I'd give it another go, and this time it worked! Wi-Fi apprently is functional now. I'm guessing it's because I set some other wireless modules to load on boot. Thanks a lot!