WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: new sce  (Read 2418 times)

Offline jls

new sce
« on: July 09, 2015, 04:51:22 AM »
Hi
I've compiled rage which is a video and audio player written with Enlightenment Foundation Libraries, becuase I found it onmly an old version on the bodhi repos.
I'd like to submit it, but it has of course some deps, how to show them on the tc repo?
Should I submit a .dep file? What about a .info file?
Or a README?
dCore user

Offline jls

Re: new sce
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 07:48:38 AM »
another idea could be the creation of a debian repo in the tc site
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 07:54:39 AM »
You can send it in as an SCE, I convert it to tar.gz before I upload it.  A README would be fine in place of an info file.

Provide a list of deps and I will add it to the master list.  It can be in the form of the familiar .dep file.  Also an .md5.txt, of course.  Does this app depend on packages from extra repos or just what is found in the standard one?

And what dCore was the package compiled on?  Preferably prebuilt packages would be built on dCore-wheezy so it will work with all x86 dCores.  That is, unless the package depends on release specific things like the Virtualbox kernel modules do, then we give it an appropriate name tying it to a particular dCore release or a package version number.

Oh, I just saw your last post about a Debian repo here.  I will look into that. 

Offline jls

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 08:22:18 AM »
Hi
On the following link are some stuff if Jason wants to publish
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4vTCpb2v8kCR01DMFAyeGlUaXM
thanks
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 09:52:20 AM »
Thanks, I will be able to get to this maybe tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 06:55:03 PM »
Ok, published.

Is libelementary a package in an extra repo?  All I see is libelementary2 in Jessie and libelementary1 in Trusty which has no libelementary2.

Offline jls

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 10:39:01 PM »
It is in the ppa mentioned in the readme
dCore user

Offline jls

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 11:17:13 PM »
ppas sorry.
The problem is that while niko2040 ppa uses the ubuntu name libelementary1, enlightenment-git uses libelementary, but since the git one is not stable I would change rage dep from libelementary to libelementary1 and if one wants to use e20 can put libelementary1 in the /tmp/PKGEXCLUDELIST
The packages are for ubuntu so the raadme name can be changed to README-enlightenment-ubuntu.
Thanx
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:23:23 PM by jls_legalize »
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 05:32:13 PM »
Ok, I have put both libelementary and libelementary1 in the dep list, libelementary will only be pulled in by those using the enlightenment repo, while libelementary1 will be pulled in for everyone where it is available.  Those using enlightenment repo can then of course just block libelementary1.  Thanks.