WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Fullscreen / Kiosk Mode Browser  (Read 5993 times)

Offline derdon222

Fullscreen / Kiosk Mode Browser
« on: July 07, 2015, 12:46:15 PM »
Hello forum Members,

as I am trying to build an unplugable Kiosk-like Infoscreen an a Raspi 2 I need to autostart a brwoser in Kiosk-Mode. I am running on piCore-6.1_v7-X.img and the only browser I find in the repo there is Midori. I start ist with a script in /home/tc/.X.d/midori.sh wich looks like this
Code: [Select]
sleep 30
# to wiat for the wifi connection to be established
midori -e Fullscreen &

Midoris homepage is set to the page I like to display.
Anyway, Midori is launched on startup without any toolbar, displaying the right page, but the window size is not fullscreen but only takes a quarter of the screen.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in midori? I am stuck here - any ideas? Is there a way to install a different browser on 6.2_v7?

Some help is highly appreciated!

Thank you

der Don

Offline Misalf

Re: Fullscreen / Kiosk Mode Browser
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 01:21:52 PM »
I don't know which window managers are available for the Raspberry Pi, but I would try one like Openbox, if available, which you can configure so that it starts a certain program maximized, borderless, and without a window bar.
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: Fullscreen / Kiosk Mode Browser
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 02:17:55 PM »
I don't know which window managers are available for the Raspberry Pi, but I would try one like Openbox, if available, which you can configure so that it starts a certain program maximized, borderless, and without a window bar.

Openbox 3.6.1 is in the repo. Midori can be the browser you are looking for. You can start it fullscreen and configure for kiosk use, see

https://wiki.xfce.org/midori/faq#kiosk_mode

You can try to start without a window manager, it was discussed in the past several times for various browsers for the x86 version if I'm right.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:23:12 PM by bmarkus »
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."