WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: 64 bit rsync Package  (Read 3890 times)

Offline cbrunner

64 bit rsync Package
« on: June 29, 2015, 12:20:58 PM »
Wondering if anyone is working on this or why it might not be in the repository right now.  I had no problem building it on a TCL virtualmachine and will go through the submission process if it is desired and not in progress by someone else :)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: 64 bit rsync Package
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 03:50:00 AM »
Please go ahead.

Offline cbrunner

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 10:21:13 AM »
I sent the package to tcesubmit_at_gmail_dot_com.  For those interested I created a docker build environment based on TCL for building this extension so it should be very easy to update / customize going forward.  The build environment can be found on github at cameronbrunner/tinycorelinux-extensions.

Offline cbrunner

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 05:19:04 PM »
One last bit on the build environment; its now on docker hub.  The extension can be rebuilt with the following commands:

Code: (bash) [Select]

mkdir bundle
docker pull cameronbrunner/tinycorelinux-extensions:rsync
docker run -t -i -v `pwd`/bundle:/scratch/bundle docker.io/cameronbrunner/tinycorelinux-extensions:rsync

The tcz will end up in `pwd`/bundle.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 01:01:07 AM »
Hm, does it download everything again, each time it is run? That seems quite wasteful of bandwidth.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline cbrunner

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 07:01:30 AM »
Building the images require some downloads.  Running the rsync container only downloads the rsync source tar ball (869K) on each run since it didn't fee right bundling up a source archive in a containers.  Running the other dev containers do not lead to additional downloads.

docker.io/cameronbrunner/tinycorelinux-extensions:latest - basic TCL dev environment (perl5 and compiletc)
docker.io/cameronbrunner/tinycorelinux-extensions:submit - latest  + submitqc5