WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Finally the final releases of 2.0  (Read 3462 times)

Offline meo

Finally the final releases of 2.0
« on: June 07, 2009, 12:05:30 PM »
Hi Robert!

I have briefly tested both the final 2.0 of microcore and tinycore and everything looks OK so far. Thanks for a very nice job (goes for the rest of the team also). It will be exciting to explore them further.

Have fun working with MC and TC,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline kerpob

Re: Finally the final releases of 2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 01:51:35 PM »
I'd like to add my congratulations too - good job that man!
eee user. From Xandros to Debian via Breeezy to TCL.

Offline thane

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 01:03:33 AM »
A couple of questions:

Is jwm the default windows manager? An earlier version booted into flwm but it looks like the final release is jwm.

I got a couple of error messages when booting, something about squashfs not found on hda or sda. However the extensions were read OK from the tce directory (on sda1, a USB stick). Is this something I can just ignore?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 04:01:37 AM »
Is jwm the default windows manager? An earlier version booted into flwm but it looks like the final release is jwm.
Yes

I got a couple of error messages when booting, something about squashfs not found on hda or sda. However the extensions were read OK from the tce directory (on sda1, a USB stick). Is this something I can just ignore?
Yes, the filesystem on hda is probably windows/dos?

Offline thane

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the hard drive has Windows 2000 on it and will still boot to that if I don't use TCL on CD. I don't plan to ever use the Windows and at some point may install TCL there.

Offline thane

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 11:09:51 AM »
When shutting down TCL 2, there's a umount message about (I think) not being able to remount read-only /dev/sda1. Is this anything significant?

Offline meo

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 12:33:17 PM »
Hi thane!

That just means that you have a filesystem that usually is not used by linux (like fat32 etc.). The linux OS therefore can't remount it read-only. If you use a linux native filesystem like ext2 then you wouldn't get this message. So it is not significant during the circumstance mentioned above.

Have fun with TC,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline thane

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 12:44:33 PM »
Thanks.

I'm booting TCL 2 off a CD and have the mydata and TCE directories on a USB stick. This seemed to work fine in TCL 1.x with no messages, so I wasn't 100% sure that TCL 2 didn't need something additional. It doesn't seem to affect persistency though so no problem.

Offline meo

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »
Hi again thane!

No need to be worried!

Have fun with Tiny Core or if you prefer Micro Core,
meo

Offline thane

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 03:09:47 PM »
Thanks meo.

I'm posting this from TCL 2.0. I've downloaded microcore but haven't tried it yet.

I'd also like to express my thanks to Robert et al.