WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [SOLVED] NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.39-pkg1.run  (Read 29844 times)

Offline Stone.Giant

[SOLVED] NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.39-pkg1.run
« on: May 19, 2015, 10:25:29 PM »
I will not be surprise if most of you don't raise an eyebrow in my new thread. Yep it's a Nvidia one- or the most notorious one as per tinypoodle quote & quote. I already read Tinyfun's thread and yes... we suffered the same fate.
ERROR: Unable to find the kernel source tree for the currently running kernel.
       Please make sure you have installed the kernel source files for your
       kernel and that they are properly configured; on Red Hat Linux systems,
       for example, be sure you have the 'kernel-source' or 'kernel-devel' RPM
       installed.  If you know the correct kernel source files are installed,
       you may specify the kernel source path with the '--kernel-source-path'
       command line option.

Already installed linux-kernel-sources-env.tcz and linux-3.16.2_api_headers.tcz. And still to no avail. I guess no one surpirsed. By the way my graphic card is NVIDIA 5500FX series.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:41:32 AM by Rich »

Online Juanito

• Administrator
Re: NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.39-pkg1.run
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 11:47:11 PM »
'works for me with:
Code: [Select]
$ sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.39-pkg1.run --kernel-source-path=/usr/src/linux-3.16.6..but refuses to install the driver because I don't have the hardware.

Offline Stone.Giant

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 02:27:09 AM »
I did not find any /usr/src directory

tc@box:/$ sudo find / -name linux
/tmp/tcloop/gcc/usr/local/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.1/include-fixed/linux
/tmp/tcloop/linux-3.16.2_api_headers/usr/include/linux
/tmp/tcloop/ncurses/usr/local/share/terminfo/l/linux
/usr/include/linux
/usr/share/terminfo/l/linux
/usr/local/share/terminfo/l/linux
/usr/local/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.1/include-fixed/linux

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 02:30:22 AM »
You need to create the directory /usr/src, copy the kernel source there, unpack it and prepare it.

Offline Stone.Giant

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 03:08:10 AM »
Did you mean I copy the linux-kernel-sources-env.tcz to /src folder I created? How can I unpack it?

Offline Misalf

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 03:22:48 AM »
You might want to take a look at
linux-kernel-sources-env.tcz
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 03:28:08 AM »
Did you mean I copy the linux-kernel-sources-env.tcz to /src folder I created? How can I unpack it?

No, you copy http://www.tinycorelinux.net/6.x/x86/release/src/kernel/linux-3.16.6-patched.txz to /usr/src and unpack it with "tar xf linux-3.16.6-patched.txz".

..but the linux-kernel-sources-env extension should also do that for you.

Offline Stone.Giant

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 04:37:20 AM »
I already run out of storage memory. Can I adjust the storage capacity of /HOME/tc directory?

[tc@box:~$ sudo tar -xf linux-3.16.6-patched.txz
tar: write error: No space left on device
tc@box:~$ fdisk -l

Disk /dev/sda: 80.0 GB, 80026361856 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 9729 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System
/dev/sda1               1          66      525312  82 Linux swap
Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary
/dev/sda2   *          66        9730    77624320  83 Linux

tc@box:~$ df -hT /home
Filesystem           Type            Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs               rootfs        907.1M    898.6M      8.6M  99% /
tc@box:~$ sudo tar -xf linux-3.16.6-patched.txz
tar: write error: No space left on device

/code]

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 05:14:50 AM »
If you don't have enough ram it would be better to unpack the kernel source on a hd or usb stick.

..and it would be better not to use "sudo tar..." and use "tar..." instead.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 05:46:12 AM »
Juanito   did the driver actually build? perhaps with a message saying that the driver failed to load?

because I've been attempting to build this driver (actually various versions up to latest NVIDIA-Linux-x86-346.59.run) but have so far failed with the generic ERROR: Unable to load the kernel module 'nvidia.ko' etc etc  on investigation I found that the driver doesn't build and can not be found on the system.

I have of course used linux-kernel-sources-env extension to prep the sources, however when that ultimately fails to produce an nvidia driver module I try manually preparing the sources.  Evengoing so far as to patch the patched-sources so they prepare without warnings yet still am unable to find the module after completion.

still an ongoing project

Error log too large to attach, so
nvidia-installer command line:
    ./nvidia-installer
    --kernel-source-path=/usr/src/linux-3.16.6

Using: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface
-> License accepted.
-> Installing NVIDIA driver version 340.76.
-> Performing CC sanity check with CC="/usr/local/bin/cc".
-> Using the kernel source path '/usr/src/linux-3.16.6' as specified by the '--kernel-source-path' commandline option.
-> Kernel source path: '/usr/src/linux-3.16.6'
-> Kernel output path: '/usr/src/linux-3.16.6'
-> Performing rivafb check.
-> Performing nvidiafb check.
-> Performing Xen check.
-> Performing PREEMPT_RT check.
-> Cleaning kernel module build directory.
   executing: 'cd ./kernel; /usr/local/bin/make clean'...
-> Building NVIDIA kernel module:
   executing: 'cd ./kernel; /usr/local/bin/make module SYSSRC=/usr/src/linux-3.16.6 SYSOUT=/usr/src/linux-3.16.6 NV_BUILD_MODULE_INSTANCES='...
   NVIDIA: calling KBUILD...
   make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-3.16.6'
   test -e include/generated/autoconf.h -a -e include/config/auto.conf || ( \
   echo >&2; \
   echo >&2 "  ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid."; \
   echo >&2 "         include/generated/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.";\
   echo >&2 "         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it."; \
   echo >&2 ; \
   /bin/false)
   mkdir -p /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/.tmp_versions ; rm -f /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/.tmp_versions/*
   /usr/local/bin/make -f scripts/Makefile.build obj=/tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel
     cc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/.nv.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /tmp/tcloop/gcc/usr/local/bin/../lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.1/include -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/l
   inux/kconfig.h -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -m32 -msoft-float -mregparm=3 -freg-struct-return -mno-mmx -mno-sse -fno-pic -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i486 -mtune=generic -maccumulate-outgoing-args -Wa,-mtune=generic32 -ffreestanding -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Os -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fno-stack-protector -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-var-tracking-assignments -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -DNV_MODULE_INSTANCE=0 -DNV_BUILD_MODULE_INSTANCES=0 -UDEBUG -U_D
   EBUG -DNDEBUG -I/tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel -Wall -MD -Wsign-compare -Wno-cast-qual -Wno-error -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DNVRM -DNV_VERSION_STRING=\"340.76\" -Wno-unused-function -Wuninitialized -fno-strict-aliasing -DNV_UVM_ENABLE -D__linux__ -DNV_DEV_NAME=\"nvidia\"  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(nv)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(nvidia)" -c -o /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/nv.o /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/nv.c
   In file included from include/uapi/linux/stddef.h:1:0,
                    from include/linux/stddef.h:4,
                    from ./include/uapi/linux/posix_types.h:4,
                    from include/uapi/linux/types.h:13,
                    from include/linux/types.h:5,
                    from include/uapi/linux/capability.h:16,
                    from include/linux/capability.h:15,
                    from include/linux/sched.h:15,
                    from include/linux/utsname.h:5,
                    from /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/nv-linux.h:44,
                    from /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/nv.c:13:
   include/asm-generic/qrwlock.h: In function 'queue_write_trylock':
   include/asm-generic/qrwlock.h:93:35: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
             cnts, cnts | _QW_LOCKED) == cnts);
                                      ^
   include/linux/compiler.h:159:40: note: in definition of macro 'likely'
    # define likely(x) __builtin_expect(!!(x), 1)
                                           ^
   ./arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess.h: In function 'copy_from_user':
   ./arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess.h:712:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
     if (likely(sz < 0 || sz >= n))
                             ^
                                           ^
   ./arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess.h: In function 'copy_to_user':
   ./arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess.h:730:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                             ^
                                           ^
     cc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/.nv-acpi.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /tmp/tcloop/gcc/usr/local/bin/../lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.1/include -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -m32 -msoft-float -mregparm=3 -freg-struct-return -mno-mmx -mno-sse -fno-pic -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i486 -mtune=generic -maccumulate-outgoing-args -Wa,
   -mtune=generic32 -ffreestanding -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Os -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fno-stack-protector -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-var-tracking-assignments -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -DNV_MODULE_INSTANCE=0 -DNV_BUILD_MODULE_INSTANCES=0 -UDEBUG -U_DEBUG -DNDEBUG -I/tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel -Wall -MD -Wsign-compare -Wno-cast-qual -Wno-error -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DNVRM -DNV_VERSION_STRING=\"340.76\" -Wno-unused-function -Wuninitialized -fno-strict-aliasing -DNV_UVM_ENABLE -D__linux__ -DNV_DEV_NAME=\"nvidia\"  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASEN
   AME=KBUILD_STR(nv_acpi)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(nvidia)" -c -o /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/nv-acpi.o /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/nv-acpi.c
                    from /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/nv-acpi.c:15:
   include/asm-generic/qrwlock.h:93:35: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                      ^
                                           ^
   ./arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess.h:712:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                             ^
                                           ^
   ./arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess.h:730:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                             ^
                                           ^
     cc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/.nv-chrdev.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /tmp/tcloop/gcc/usr/local/bin/../lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.1/include -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -m32 -msoft-float -mregparm=3 -freg-struct-return -mno-mmx -mno-sse -fno-pic -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i486 -mtune=generic -maccumulate-outgoing-args -Wa,-mtune=generic32 -ffreestanding -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Os -Wno-m
   aybe-uninitialized -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fno-stack-protector -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-var-tracking-assignments -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -DNV_MODULE_INSTANCE=0 -DNV_BUILD_MODULE_INSTANCES=0 -UDEBUG -U_DEBUG -DNDEBUG -I/tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel -Wall -MD -Wsign-compare -Wno-cast-qual -Wno-error -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DNVRM -DNV_VERSION_STRING=\"340.76\" -Wno-unused-function -Wuninitialized -fno-strict-aliasing -DNV_UVM_ENABLE -D__linux__ -DNV_DEV_NAME=\"nvidia\"  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(nv_chrdev)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(nvidia)" -c -o /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/nv-chrdev.o /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/nv-chrdev.c
                    from /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/nv-chrdev.c:15:
                                      ^
                                           ^
                             ^
                                           ^
                             ^
                                           ^
     cc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/.nv-cray.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /tmp/tcloop/gcc/usr/local/bin/../lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.1/include -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/ge
   nerated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -m32 -msoft-float -mregparm=3 -freg-struct-return -mno-mmx -mno-sse -fno-pic -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i486 -mtune=generic -maccumulate-outgoing-args -Wa,-mtune=generic32 -ffreestanding -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Os -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fno-stack-protector -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-var-tracking-assignments -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -DCC_HAVE
   _ASM_GOTO -DNV_MODULE_INSTANCE=0 -DNV_BUILD_MODULE_INSTANCES=0 -UDEBUG -U_DEBUG -DNDEBUG -I/tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel -Wall -MD -Wsign-compare -Wno-cast-qual -Wno-error -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DNVRM -DNV_VERSION_STRING=\"340.76\" -Wno-unused-function -Wuninitialized -fno-strict-aliasing -DNV_UVM_ENABLE -D__linux__ -DNV_DEV_NAME=\"nvidia\"  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(nv_cray)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(nvidia)" -c -o /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/nv-cray.o /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/nv-cray.c
                    from /tmp/selfgz15527/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-340.76/kernel/nv-cray.c:15:
                                      ^
                                           ^
                             ^
                                           ^
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 05:48:23 AM by coreplayer2 »

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 05:50:44 AM »
ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.
      include/generated/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.
      Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it."

this appears to be the culprit, however the files do exist

Offline Misalf

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 06:42:37 AM »
I was able to build version 304.125 (for legacy cards).
I removed  /usr/lib/*tls*.*
and I think to remember the installer is confused about
/user/local/lib/X11/
vs
/user/local/lib/xorg/
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline Stone.Giant

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 08:31:06 PM »
If you don't have enough ram it would be better to unpack the kernel source on a hd or usb stick.

..and it would be better not to use "sudo tar..." and use "tar..." instead.

Is it Ram? I think it is storage capacity of /home directory (default of 2GB in other linux distro) that I ran out of for, I already deleted some files and have 40MB left but the linux-kernel-source is 70MB. How can I adjust to 10GB the storage capacity of /Home directory?

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 08:51:27 PM »
Home is in  RAM.  Use your hard drive.

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 10:47:01 PM »
Juanito   did the driver actually build? perhaps with a message saying that the driver failed to load?
No, I got the same errors as you.