WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: My projects  (Read 10777 times)

Offline softwaregurl

• Suspended
My projects
« on: June 06, 2009, 07:12:47 AM »
It's amazing how everything can change on a moments notice.  I was not expecting things to happen this quickly, but I now have a forum set up on
http://softwaregurl.com/forum
Old wounds that have never healed need to be re-exposed before the cure can be applied.  The cure must be available before the wound is re-exposed.

Offline linus72

• Damn it Jim!
Re: My projects
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 02:43:06 AM »
Can anyone join the forum?
What is the forum about?

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 02:49:43 AM »
Can anyone join the forum?
What is the forum about?

Why would THAT matter....she's a girl   (ref to prior conversation... :)

Offline linus72

• Damn it Jim!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 05:27:28 AM »
I dig it, the only gal in Linux!
Why do women shun linux? ???

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 07:49:05 AM »
I dig it, the only gal in Linux!
Why do women shun linux? ???
Hard to tell from just the name.  I think meo qualifies.  Perhaps nude pictures should  be a requirement for registration on the forum.  It's the only way to know for sure.   (I'll have to PM Robert about this)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 07:59:28 AM by jpeters »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »
Jpeters - cease and desist with the attack on another member.  No one provoked you, and your humiliation tactic is unacceptable.   

Offline linus72

• Damn it Jim!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 08:10:51 AM »
yea, get a grip-
acting bullyish thru the internet is cowardly, I don't think you'd say anything smart
were we in the same room.
And if you did; you'd find out how quick I'd peel your wig back. >:(

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 08:36:37 AM »
Jpeters - cease and desist with the attack on another member.  No one provoked you, and your humiliation tactic is unacceptable.   
:D  What??   I thought it was friendly joking.....anyway...

Offline robin

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 09:00:04 AM »
Why do women shun linux?

Given the tone of this conversation, I have a few ideas why that might be... :\ It isn't that we're not here, some of us are just quiet because a disappointingly large part of the open source community just gets *silly* about it -- naked pictures? Really? ANYWAY, in an attempt to avoid further derailing, rad forum Softwaregurl, I'm also attempting to roll my own extensions and will be submitting momentarily... :D

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 09:52:32 AM »
I thought some of the women might get a kick out of submissions by 60+ yr old males.
Anyway, I've already gotten in trouble for having a weird sense of humor  :D

edit ...nice Rorschach though...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:42:30 AM by jpeters »

Offline softwaregurl

• Suspended
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »
I am only posting because i have stirred things up and others are taking on my fight.  It is just not so much me to have others fight my fights but I have done my best to avoid public flamge.
What??   I thought it was friendly joking.....anyway...
the first defence of the school bully when they get caught.
Why would THAT matter....she's a girl   (ref to prior conversation...
i am having trouble finding that thread that you fail to reference.  That and another thread where he publicly appologizes to me, I pm'd to linus72
Your screen shots are pretty kewl.  I was kinda dark rebel biker in my wild twenties.  I personally do not find your use of the female form offensive.  It is only used in a few images and is not the focal point, but an integral and inseperable part of the over all effect, power and message.
You are so far off base.  I had privately left this forum and do so now publicly until I see your account suspended.
(insert the mass quantities of profanity that would be deserved if this were not such a polite and respectful fos forum, other then you).
Old wounds that have never healed need to be re-exposed before the cure can be applied.  The cure must be available before the wound is re-exposed.

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 11:59:10 AM »
If you're referring to me, the last quote isn't mine; the ref was to a response involving a pic of a dead female body, and I stand by my post that absolutely no hostility was involved at this end.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:05:45 PM by jpeters »

Offline mcewanw

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 12:21:27 PM »
I remember thinking when reading that thread involving the picture of the apparently dead naked woman that some of the comments verged on the offensive in terms of .ism. Personally, I think the world has lived enough with that sort of behaviour and attitude, and that there is no space for it whatsoever in a public forum. I do think the moderators should review that thread now that it has been pointed out (and re-read this one) and at the very least seek strong apologies from anyone who has overstepped the line. The women who have commented on this thread are clearly laying waste to the myth that women are in any way less technically competent than men and I strongly feel that it is quite intolerable that they are subjected to harassment in any thread by anyone. Whether such apologies would be accepted is of course up to those so offended, but their deciding to no longer contribute to tiny core would, in my opinion, be a great loss to the community at both the technical level and collegiate.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:27:42 PM by mcewanw »

Offline softwaregurl

• Suspended
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 12:27:22 PM »
Please, modorators, lock this thread now.  Any continuation of this is bad for the prosperity of TCL  and FOS.
MY SCOTCH IRISH IS SHOWING.  NOT ALWAYS A GOOD THING.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:32:34 PM by softwaregurl »

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 12:30:54 PM »
Please, modorators, lock this thread now.  Any continuation of this is bad for the prosperity of TCL  and FOS.

I disagree....besides misquoting (attributing a lewd post to me that I didn't make) and completely misreading me, I think the point made regarding offense posts well-taken.  I can't find it, but it went something like:

jpeters:  Is that a casket?
linus72:  Who cares...that's  a NAKED WOMAN!!
jpeters: It's good there are no women on the board (except softwaregurl, meo, .....)

I guess it didn't bother you much, and you would like to see me suspended for interfering.  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:46:23 PM by jpeters »