WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Trouble compiling exittc  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Alatun

Trouble compiling exittc
« on: May 13, 2015, 09:12:04 AM »
I'm building a custom "thin client" package using tinycore and rdesktop to connect clients to a Windows Server 2008 / 2012.
The clients will be used to do trainings and I like to remove all options that could cause troubles.
So I decided to recompile exittc to get rid of "exit to prompt" and "backup" stuff.

What seemed easy turned out to cause several troubles.

Finding a site that has the current source for exittc was the first minor hurdle. The last distribution directory that includes it was 4.x. We are at 6.2 - but I gave the 4.x version a try.

After installing tccompile.tcz and fltk-1.3-dev.tcz packages the first compile created a new binary. Starting this binary causes a SIG_SEGV in XRootWindow. Further research at the FLTK web site revealed that the 1.3 build had this bug (STR #3152). Fix only available in the current svn branch.

Installed the fltk svn branch compiled it and recompiled exittc -> No more segmentation faults. 
But the "Cancel" button was missing now.

After testing several basic examples I found out that when adding extra code for the "Ok" button (here: btnOk->takeFocus()) this causes buttons being declared after this code to disappear. Moving the "Ok" button being the last in the list, gave me a working binary - finally after about  6 hours of work.

Maybe this information will help others trying recompile exittc too.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Trouble compiling exittc
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 11:03:58 AM »
We haven't bothered with tarball source releases in a while, the current source is kept in git.

git clone http://git.tinycorelinux.net/fltk_projects
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.